Does anyone remember...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU Strength, Aug 30, 2014.

1. LSU Strength

LSU Strength Veteran Member

...the first few games of last year when we were spreading teams out but still running the ball very effectively but with great run/pass balance, and then all of a sudden we went back to power formations, supposedly for the reason that we didn't want to show too much before we got into the meat of the season, and then we never saw it again?

2. LSU Strength

...when we didn't have linebackers that were the size of most team's safeties or safeties that were the size of most team's DB's, and could stop the run?

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's not what I saw last year.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. LSU Strength

Go back and watch our O from the TCU game and other early games and tell me what you think then. Heck, go look at the discussion on this forum from that game.

5. cajdav1

I was referring to what you said about later games, we pretty much kept the offense opened up except for against Florida & in the rain vs Auburn.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Bullshit. The passing scheme went from short to medium routes that let the WRs run after the catch back to the BigTen chunk it long bullshit that Miles loves so much.

7. cajdav1

Oh brother, so wrong.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That would be 100 % accurate. In fact, blame can be placed on LSU being a little too hog wild trying to throw the ball so much against Ole Miss, who simply could not stop our running game that night. We could have ended up with 450 yards rushing easily and a resulting romp of Ole Miss.

Jopry and cajdav1 like this.
  9. cajdav1

So true, but many of our fans would rather loose chunking the ball instead of winning by running the ball. And of course like the post above these, Miles gets the blame either way.

10. LSU Strength

That is not what I said, or insinuated. I specifically stated that I like the fact that we had balance running and throwing the ball, but that our use of a spread formation made it harder for teams to predict which one of those two we were going to do. In addition, since we were spread out, when holes were open at the line, the runs tended to be for good yardage because the LBs and Safeties were thinking they had to be in coverage.