Does anything change

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by covtowntiger, Oct 14, 2007.

1. covtowntiger

covtowntiger Founding Member

As much as we all like to support our team, myself included, surely everyone has to see that Miles should have played RP more. I love coach Miles I just don't think he uses his talent to the best of their abilities. If you were an opposing team who would you rather see at qb. I am not saying rp should be the starter but anyone who doesn't think that he is a gamebreaker has been watching something else. I think people on here out of loyalty don't want to say rp is better. Sorry, but I think that's why us and every other team recruited him. Keiland Williams averages 7yds a carry before last night yet he very seldom touches the ball. Tolliver looks like outside of Doucet he could be our best receiver let him touch the ball. With that being said I think Les is going to look at the game and see things different. LSU vs OK NC game.

2. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Shake up on Offense next week?

Do you guys see a little change in the offensive scheme against Auburn?
    With Perrilloux getting more PT and actually getting plenty of chances to air it out... Tolliver more PT than Lafell? Bring back the option?

I'm sorry, but if this offense was not able to score at will on Kentucky, there is no way in hell they will be successful against Muschamp and Auburn's D.

1 person likes this.
  3. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Re: Shake up on Offense next week?

No, if we hadn't seen it yet, we probably won't.

4. Purple Reign

Purple Reign Founding Member

I'm afraid Scotty is right. RP may play A LITTLE more. I see them making no major changes.

One thing is for sure, running won't be easy next week.

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I would hope so, but I am worried about the defense now. AU won't have the passing attack that UK had but looking at Pelini's game plan against UK I'm worried now about the defense against AU. I think we plug the run, but UK exposed our LB's and DB's and even our DL's.

If AU can spread it out and get LB's on WR's and if LSU only rushes 4 DL's then we will lose. We got handled by a pocket passer.

6. TC

TC Le Big Mac

We will find out a LOT about the coaching staff this week.

Auburn will not allow LSU to run the football. They held Arkansas to 67 total yards rushing.

LSU had BETTER do some shaking up offensively.

Tubs and Muschamp will enter Death Valley confident. Confident in their D. Confident that Flynn, LaFell, Byrd, and the Mitchells can't make plays to beat them.

7. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I ended up talking more about the defense, now to the offense.
    I hope they sit Lafell a lot. Put him in the game but not every down, maybe a couple of times a series to make him think about the drops. He will know that he isn't in the game because of drops and when the ball comes again he will completely focus on the ball. A coach can't keep rewarding with 100% PT if they keep doing stupid things. He needs to sit quite a bit and but Toliver in there. I am surprised he isn't getting the ball more.
    Mitchell had the dropsies several games ago, then we see a lot less of him, but then we are starting to see him get the ball a little more and he isn't dropping them. The WR's need to understand the first priority is to catch. If they sit the bench for a couple of series they will understand it.
    I hope RP plays more. I think they need to surpise AU and let him throw the ball more. We actually have to QB's that lock onto WR's but I think you need to get RP some passing plays to gain experience against SEC defenses. It would catch the other teams off guard.

8. PGTiger

PGTiger Founding Member

Flynn does not know how to check off. He stares the same guy down the whole play, and if he isn't wide open, he takes off.

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Auburn was able to key in on Arkansas running game because the Razorbacks are more one dimentional.

The key for LSU is to cut down the penalties on both offense and defense. That really kills. Despite the WR drops, the offense otherwise had been able to move the ball (minus the penalties).

Byrd and Tolliver have good hands, but they are "young" to the system. Not know how well they run routes and getting separation. Lafell can be playing hurt. Jared Mitchell played well earlier in the season. The last game when he played with a lot of drops hopefully may be a fluke. I have a feeling he can play better.

The O line has got to shape up to give the QB better protection. They are not protecting the QB as well this year when compared to the last year.

10. Purple Reign

Purple Reign Founding Member

I'm afraid this is true.