does brady get a free pass to go one and done

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kjunsausage, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

which means that only 20 percent of basketball teams play in the post season. Compare that to over 50 percent in football... very hard to get in tourney year after year.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

what the hell are you talking about?

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

It is a little exagerated since the majority of conference are minor conferences that get only 1 team in at most. It is much easier for the power conferences to get bids. Of course, the power conferences play better ball than most of the minor conferences, so things are basically the way they should be.

4. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

5. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

6. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I did not exagerate anything... I just put the facts that only 20 percent of eligible teams make the postseason in Basketball and over 50% of eligible teams make it in Football. Which do you think is easier? Then again when I start thinking about the SEC.. we have a hard time getting 7 or 8 schools eligible to play postseason in football.

7. sassylsufan2002

don't even go there Mr. 28 posts man. It is the kids I support, that is exactly what i've been saying. It doesn't matter if Joe Blow is coaching this team. According to your post, the fans only went because of Daddy Dale. If they dislike Brady, they are fair weather fans and NOT true LSU fans. Period! And if this past season wasn't enough for them, if these guys didn't play hard enough for them to pack the PMAC, then they missed a damn good reason!

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

what most of these people don't realize is that they choose to live vicariously through the LSU sports teams. Somehow they've crossed the line from allegience to their school thinking that they are great fans when in reality they stink. Somehow only the sweet 16 is good enough for these fans to be able to hold their head up and justify the fact that they would bestow their gracious support to LSU. LSU dared not to win 2 in the NC2A's? HOW DARE THEM!!!!!!!!! sometimes I think these guys would be better off taking enzyte....perhaps then they would be the men they wanted to be without having a colllege sports team making them feel good about themselves. :dis:

9. sassylsufan2002

my point exactly, kcal...when is it ever enough. I fully understand that we are LSU and expect nothing but the best, and in my opinion, these guys gave us their best all year...shame they choose not to be a part of it. ;)

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Hey man, I'm not trying to attack you, its just that there are ALOT more minor conference teams in basketball than football. The difference in numbers between football and basketball is almost exclusively minor conference teams. Making the dance is still a great accomplishment, especially in the atmosphere of college basketball today. I think coaching college basketball is one of the most difficult coaching jobs out there.