Does Chad Jones go pro?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b_leblanc, Nov 29, 2009.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Does he go pro? Football or baseball? Or does he come back for his senior year. I think he would definitely be drafted in the NFL draft, possibly as high as the second or third round.

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Baseball is definitely where his pro future lies. I'd love for him to come back for his senior year, but my gut tells me he'll enter the '10 MLB draft.

3. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

He's really exploded this year at safety. Not sure he goes anywhere until next year. He loves baseball though.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

5. lsudolemite

The problem is that as many big hits and big plays he's come up with this year, he's been out of position or taken bad angles just as many times. At the end of the day I think baseball is a bigger money-maker for him.

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

He's 10x the safety he was last season, though. He looks 'natural' out there.. and I think he's definitely improved as the season went on. Plus, he has the rare ability to make game changing plays.. call it luck, dunno what it is.

Another year of coaching under Cooper and he'll make far more money playing in the NFL than he ever would playing baseball. He could enter the NFL draft this year and make more than he ever would playing baseball. He can make a living doing either.. but NFL is definitely the more luxurious route.

7. lsudolemite

If he goes pro in football his decision to come back for his senior year might get more complicated with that rookie salary cap looming on the horizon.

8. MOE1967

MOE1967 Founding Member

:dis: If he projected as a first, second or even third rd draft pick then the NFL is definitely his pick. The money for the NFL is a sure thing and it is immediate. On the contrary, if he would pick baseball he would surely spend a few years in the minors, with no guarantee that he will make it to the majors. Couple that with the fact that he will be making chump change while in the minors and it is easy to see why Football is the obvious choice.

However, just having the option to choose either one is a great luxury. Not many people can say that. Very impressive

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dunno, dudes. football is awesome, but left handers that throw heat can have long careers and make some serious money in baseball.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member