Does Chad Jones go pro?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by b_leblanc, Nov 29, 2009.

1. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

Baseball contracts are guaranteed money, while NFL contracts are not. Only top first and second round picks get signing bonuses in the NFL.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I don't see him going pro yet in either sport. He's not that great a safety yet, and he's pitched only a few great innings in his post-high school career. Personally think he needs another year in both sports.

3. MOE1967

MOE1967 Founding Member

Only if you make it to the Majors. He could spends years in the minors, in which the vast majority of us would make more than him.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

He will definitely have the option in both sports. As I like football more, I hope he goes to the NFL. He could decide to stay though...LSU has been good to him.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think Jones has amazing potential at S. The problem is he is still a work in progress. He played great from around the third game through until the last few weeks. Jones will give you the highlight reel hits which leave people in awe. Many only see his huge hits against Ark, but overall his game wasnt that good. Not bad, but not high draft worthy. Jones often takes very poor angles as well as typically being a poor tackler. If he were to leave this year I dont see him being drafted higher than the 3rd, but probably 4th or 5th. If he goes high its all on potential. With a little work and more focus Jones would definitely be a first rounder next year.

6. covtowntiger

covtowntiger Founding Member

Chad is my favorite fb player, but what has he done in bb. 3 good games doesn't mean squat. Read earlier in the week that Paul M. almost didn't have a spot on last years roster for him. He plays NFL for 5+ years, can't play baseball at this point.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you don't think major league scouts are salivating at a left handed set up man that throws gas, and has a work ethic and is as athletic as Jones?

For the record i don't think he goes pro in football after this season, i think if he has a great season on the hill for LSU, or in the outfield, and is drafted really high in the baseball draft, he will play baseball, but if he isn't drafted that high, he will come back and play football.

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Thats my take.

9. StadiumSalute

StadiumSalute It's Gameday!

I think we need to see what happens this year in baseball before we can even speculate whether CJ3 is going to go pro there. As far as football goes, he might go 2nd or 3rd round, but I think he could use another year there too.

10. SOUTHPAW

SOUTHPAW Founding Member

Chad is supposed to get drafted in baseball as an OF he is suposed to skip spring fb this offseason to have a spot in the OF or DH and he is the best hitter in batting practice