News Does Defense Really Win Championships???

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FirstCoastTiger, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

If the game is close late it would'nt shock me if we see some bs call that turns the game in their favor but let's hope it don't come down to the officials.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If we get the lead that's when we really need to pour it on. Au scored 4 touchdowns in a lil over 5 min aginst ark. We will not have the game in the bag no matter what. If we have a 10 pt lead going into the 4th qtr and get ultra conservative and go 3 and out a few times we will lose. We have to score because au can in spades. We let our d get tired and were fkd. We need a special teams or/and defensive scores. What worries me is pp7 getting cramped up and not being in the game late. Hope miles thinks about that. Pp7 and mo playing lock down and making the monster run will play into our strengths. If noone is open and he has to run our linebackers will stop him. We will win if we don't kill ourselves with penalties and crowton stays aaggresive. If jj plays like he did aginst fl we've got a shot. If jj plays bad and miles keeps him in the game we lose. Jj is just as much a threat at qb to lsu as cam newton is to lsu. Jj plays good we win - jj stinks we lose. He said jl had some good plays called for him that's why he has done well. As if saying that it was the play calling not jl's performance on the field. Jj has nothing but excuses for his poor play and refuses to take responsibility. His attitude is the root of his problems and if he has that "I" "me" attitude Saturday he will play poorly and we will lose. If he is a team player like he was in fl game we will win. Jordan Jefferson is the key for victory or primary cause for defeat because he will play and can't afford many wasted series

3. FirstCoastTiger

FirstCoastTiger FirstCoastTiger

Yeah - we don't have the Offense to keep up if this becomes a track meet. I think South Carolina vs. Bama was a good indicator of that. Garcia wasn't missing much of anything the first half and they got up the big lead. Bama is a running team, so the second half they had to rely on McElroys arm. He ended up with over 300 yds passing, but they lost because they couldn't catch up.

If AU gets a big lead on a few big plays, I will be real concerned that our Offense won't be able to catch up...

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Exactly. We cannot afford to let our guard down in this one for a minute. We will have to play 60 minutes of sound football. We also need to get an early lead in this one and keep putting our foot to the peddle. It is quite obvious that this AU team can erase a substantial lead in very short order. If they get an early lead on us, forcing us to try to win with our passing game, we will be in trouble. If we get an early lead on them, by 14+ pts, and keep the pressure on and forcing them to try to beat us through the air, we will be ok. :geaux: :LSU231: :tigereye:

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think the LSU D wins the battle overall vs the Auburn O.

That doesn't necessarily equate to keeping them off the scoreboard all that well depending on special teams and our QB play (or lack thereof).

If we don't turn the ball over and play great special teams and the refs don't screw us, I got Auburn being held to 16 points. Cam will get his in spots, but overall will not be running wild like he has been doing.

If the LSU O is going 3 and out more times than not, a couple of critical turnovers, some shoddy special teams play, then Auburn puts up minimum 30. We're toast at that point.

Punting on first down with JJ at QB is not the worst option.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Auburn hasn't seen a defense anywhere near the level of ours this year. I honestly don't think that their fans realize how much speed there is top-to-bottom on this unit. They look like a freaking swarm of bees when they tackle.

That said, I think we have a great chance to knock them out of their rhythm Saturday. Think about it. After last week's game, they have no idea where they need to improve offensively. As far as they know, they can be productive if they just keep doing the same ol' stuff. So I think they'll rely on that, and I doubt they have much in store if they can't get that working.

Can't wait to see Nevis vaporize through that O-Line.

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

In short, YES, defense wins championships.

Offense puts people in the stands.

Special Teams wins games.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

We know jj will play. If he puts our d in bad situations like aginst mcneese they can't be expected to hold every time bit if his lil one pony show works and he can pick up 1st downs running we can keep our d rested. I see lee throwing well aginst their defense. If BOTH qb's perform we should put up enough points to win. If pp7 goes out in the forth qtr were in trouble

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This board would agree that LSU's D would have given up even less yards if it weren't for an inept O.

O gives the team drives and points every game.

It has to stop.

Yes, D does win Championships, however, your O has to score for YOU, not the other team...

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

But just another day in the SEC right?