Does Jamison put the Cavs over the top?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Feb 18, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think it definitely makes them prohibitive favorites coming out of the East.

The Cavs are apparently going to get Ilgauskas back when the Knicks waive him.

Jamison is a 20/9 player, no slouch indeed.

He doesn't command many plays drawn up for him to score offensively, so he will fit in well with the LeBron James led attack in Cleveland. An extra rebounder is huge for the Cavs if they end up facing the Lakers in the finals.

As a bonus, he is another 3 point threat from the outside as well.

But does he do enough to help LeBron become a REAL king?

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I don't know how they're gonna have enough shots for everyone. Def a good pickup and he's not necessarily gonna hurt them. The Cavs keep making big trades though...dunno if they will have any chemistry come playoff time. Wish they would just be more consistent.

3. islstl

Jamison doesn't really need plays run for him. He will get his on put backs and some open 3 point shots. He won't average 21, but if he can give them 16-17 a night, that will be just fine.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Unless Lebron goes to Dallas i hope he stays put and i hope they win a championship this year, unless they are playing Dallas. I want Shaq to get another.

5. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Cavs were on their way to the finals before this move. hope they resign z in 30 days.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

You don't get 16-17 a night from put backs and open 3's. If they relegate him to that role then it will have been a waste of a trade because there's a ton of other players in the league that can do that. I'm not sure how it will all work out but he sure had a rough first game. 0-12 on FG's and 2 points total. I don't think I've ever seen that from a player of his caliber. Could take a while to adjust...

7. clair

clair Rockets

Orlando is still the team to beat imo. They have the best interior play, which looms really big in the playoffs.

Cleveland is closing hard, but I think Orlando definitely is the team to beat. Let us not forget Cleveland was the runaway No. 1 see last year, too, and Orlando made short work of them.

8. islstl

Well obviously some plays will be run for him. At the same time he certainly won't be averaging his 21 like he did with the Wizards.

He should fit in nicely. The Cavs need that rebounding component more than anything.

9. islstl

If Orlando takes out Cleveland again, LeBron is a long goner.

These playoffs are going to give a lot of their fans heart attacks, knowing that not only the effect it has on them trying to win a championship this year, but what the future holds for that franchise moving forward.

10. clair

clair Rockets

Mike Brown = not much more valuable than a big grab bag of Cheetos imo.

When they made the Finals, they were outmatched, but Pop coached circles around him. Last year when Orlando adjusted time and time again, he had no answer.

Will find out if his ineptness this postseason costs the franchise this generation's player.