Does LSU have a fishing team?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, May 4, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

The other day I walked down to the Venice Pier looking out into the Pacific and this crazy old Mexican had like 4 rods in the water. I think he was using worms anyway he pulled in a small fish and threw it on the deck. His other lines had a bite so he took off. They had these big cranes hanging out and one of them had the balls to sneak up and steal his fish. The bird threw his head back and swallowed the fish in one gulp. This dude lost it and started chasing the bird like a retard yelling and waiving his arms. I think he was drunk.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

The water is still extremely low in the (atchafalaya) spillway. The corps was supposed to release some water to help the levels out a bit, but I haven't heard anything yet. Regardless, I caught a couple 3-4 pound bass, a few smaller stripers and almost landed a beautiful large mouth that looked to be in the 4-5 pound range. I don't really like saltwater fishing so I've never caught anything spectacular-- a few rays, reds, specks, nothing extraordinary.

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

A 25 pound amberjack...caught him in about 100 feet of water just off an oil rig in the Gulf. I battled him for a good 20 minutes and thought he was going to whip my azz when I finally did get him in the boat.

4. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I went to Cocodrie Friday and yesterday. We caught 4 bull reds and 90 specks. Biggest was 23 inches. It doesn't look like the fish have skipped a beat. Plenty of shrimp too. Also caught 12 dozen crabs and a case of Michelob Ultra!!

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Whew, I hope you threw that one back! :thumb: I'll take a case of Bass Pale Ale or Warsteiner Premium Dunkel any day of the week. Although, I only bring it up because I was wondering if anyone tried the new Michelob Ultra Amber yet? It's a respectable brew for being an ultra light. It pours a VERY deep amber (a bit deeper than Abita Amber, although not as flavorable.) It still needs a bit more hops and it is still a tad bit too watered down, but it's DEFINATELY a step in the right direction as far as American macro-brews are concerned. Very encouraging if you like drinking more than a couple of dark beers in a sitting and you want to cut out that bloated feeling... Damn, I never thought I'd write a beer review on an LSU forum... :yelwink2:

6. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

went fishing saturday... southeast out of Dauphin Island about 25 miles or straight out ou gulfshore about 15 miles... Nice Red snapper and some gag grouper... was hoping to find some grass lines or something to hold dolphin but no luck on those.... alot more Louisiana fisherman here in Mobile... still finding wierd stuff in water.. not like right after Ivan.. we found lots of strange things from whole bloated goats to televisions sets... but all the numbers are skewed a little... oh well bad day of fishing beats a great day of work....:geauxtige

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Yes.. Brandon Bass was so good he turned pro after his soph year.......

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

how could we forget the legend.... demetrius hookfin?