Does Mettenberger start right away?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Oct 24, 2010.

1. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

So I just saw this kid got kicked off Georgia for a sexual battery?! Why are we taking a chance on him, didn't we go through all this with Perrilloux not too long ago...

2. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Good thing we didn't do something crazy like go hard after a JC kid who bought a stolen laptop and tossed it out the window when the cops came knocking.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

JJ gets the first two series, Mettenberger comes in for the third.:miles:

1 person likes this.
  4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Grabbed a chick's ass at the bar, chick turned out to be someone important's daughter and word got back to Richt. When asked about it, Metterberger denied it. Richt kicked him off for lying, but also to send a message in a spring full of Georgia players screwing up.

I think the kid is contrite and ready to move on with his career. Not that I condone groping a chick at a bar or anything ... but it's a typical freshman mistake.

5. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I was a big booster's daughter who forced Richt's hand. Richt has publicly said he regretted that decision.

6. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

Link?

7. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Watching Texas A&M play, I've come to the conclusion that Jerrod Johnson throws the ugliest ball in NCAA FB. Yet, he puts up good numbers. If I were Mettenberger, I would see A&M as a great opportunity.

LSU's overall talent offers him a better opportunity to win a championship. However, our offensive play calling and coaching are a joke. Unless coaching changes are made, I don't feel good about landing him.

8. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Well, A&M might not even have a coach in a month.

9. DoctorDave

DoctorDave Guest

JJ has a passing efficiency of 87.7. There does not appear to be a list for every NCAA quarterback, but if he is not at the bottom of the list, he is very close. In spite of this, he continues to be the starting QB. Now, why should Mettenberger believe he would be the starter for LSU next year? See, the problem is that most decisions of this type are based on information and logic. The decision to keep JJ as the starting QB is not based on those factors. There is no reason to believe that the situation would change in the spring.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I thought Mettenberger's only other offer (or possible offer) is Texas A&M? I have to think there's at least a good chance he'll come here...

:geauxtige