Does the A word offend you if not directed towards you?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by macatak911, Sep 5, 2006.

?

Does the A word offend you if not directed towards you?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    65.6%
  1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

The license plate on one of my trucks is "TIGRAG". Not because of the A-Hole chant but because they play part of the song after touchdowns, which is the happiest time of my life. (Unless my wife is reading, then it's only the second happiest). Soon to be 3rd most happy time after my first child is born in December. At this point I can't honestly say that when my daughter is old enough to hear and understand the A-hole chant that It would personally bother me. Time tells all though, and if you would like to use me as a guinea pig ask me again in a few years.

Having said this, I sit in the north end zone roughly 3 or 4 sections over from the students and can't even really understand what they are saying. The only reason I understand them is because I know what they are saying.

Also, I know Tiger Bait isn't a bad word(s), but why is it OK for a group of 20 tiger fans to yell at two innocent opposing fans already walking to watch their teams get creamed. Oh wait never mind. I just answered my own question. Because it's fun. :lol:

2. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Umm, yeah. Sit in the student section. It's amazing how much creativity can be mustered by a bunch of drunk college students. (Heck, look at drinking games. No wonder people drink so much- they're much more creative drunk. [Kidding. I personally don't drink.])

I personally can stand "Kick their @$$" remaining in the student section (and sometimes say it), but when fans take it out of that area and the younger fans pick up on it, we have a problem.

We'd be just as good without it- why mar our reputation with it?

Also, the new part of that cheer is "and beat the living S#!^ out of them!" which is VERY uncalled-for. I want to punch babies every time I hear it. The speaker's unborn babies.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I can tell already I'm not going to like this guy.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

I have been a student for too damn long and last year was the only time I did not hear tiger rag being played. The year before it was played only during bad calls. The years before that it was almost every other drive.

It is also played at basketball games during bad calls. I remember hearing (and singing it) during games that were televised few years back.

Its become a motto of sorts to sing it when opposing fans are nearby and getting too obnoxious (after Tiger Bait!) I don't see anything wrong with it. And the more you old geezers complain about it, the longer its going to stay. :wink:

Oh Yeah. HATE the "and kick their a**" Retarded. Thats just started being big a few years ago. These new kids, destroy everything sacred.