Does the rest of the SEC realize what they will face over the next few years?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

When McClendon was the LSU coach the big knock on him was that "he couldn't beat the Bear." Wouldn't it be funny if Mike Shula takes the heat for he "can't beat Nick Saban."

You can book it that Tubby TeleTubbyVille, Houston Nutt, Mark Richt amd David Cutcliffe know what they are in for. The rest of the coaches and fans will find out soon enough.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

The SEC is the toughest division in football, I really doubt the other teams are quaking in their boots over our team. I know when we weren't on top I was never intimidated by the other teams like Tenn. or Florida - and I doubt they are now that the shoe is on the other foot.

It's also unlikely we'll dominate the SEC teams like we did this year - this year was special, and if we finish with 2 losses next year it will be a good year.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

That's true, but they never seemed invincible, and I don't think anyone in the SEC thinks we are going to be.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Visor Boy's Gators never seemed invincible until the ball was kicked off. Remember 58-3 and 56-13? ITS PAYBACK TIME!!

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

I wouldn't look for margin of victory such as UF laid on us. Nick is more into preparing players to be ready whn called upon, therefore, he will play the backups. We didn't have very good teams back then and UF's team the past two years were better than most of the teams we had in the dark days.

6. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

We just have to remember that while UF and UT dominated the SEC for much of the 90s, they both won only one MNC.

Yeah, I see a dominate SEC run coming in the next few years ... but that may or may not translate into another MNC for LSU.

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

If Nick can continue to bring in the players he has. This could be a very good run I hope for 10 plus years

8. Flynnscuzin

Flynnscuzin Founding Member

Has Lavelle Hawkins committed or did Maxem make a mistake? They have him listed as an LSU verbal but I cannot find anyone else backing this up. If we did get him, that would be 3 of the top ten recievers in the country heading to LSU according to many recruiting experts.

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

One thing's for certain...the goalposts in Death Valley won't be coming down any time soon. I realized that after the first Georgia
    game...we've been there and we've progressed past that point.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

They know what they got coming from the Tigers over the next few years. Especially the hardcore CF fan. Those SEC coaches who do a piss poor job recruiting will pay dearly.