Does this bother anyone?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WoodlandsTiger, Nov 15, 2010.

1. WoodlandsTiger

WoodlandsTiger Founding Member

I understand that Auburn started pretty low in the standings and with Camgate going on, there might be a few voters that have threw a few more votes toward Oregon. Personally, as a Auburn hater, although SEC lover I'm a little pissed that Auburn isn't #1 for what they have done so far this year compared to Oregon.

No, I'm not pumping Auburn, just a little disturbed that they aren't #1 after what they have done so far. Am I just a homer SEC fan?

btw, Fairley is trash

2. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

In a system that decides a championship with opinion polls, what do you expect??

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't give a damn this year. I hope the Tide come out and F*cks Auburn up and South Carolina beats them also.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

If Auburn loses, then no Sugar Bowl.

5. LaSalleAve

If Auburn loses twice, and we keep winning, we will get a BCS at large, and Auburn will be at the cap 1 bowl.

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Oregon got a big boost when they went into Knoxville and destroyed the Vols. They looked like world-beaters until this past Saturday.
    Auburn did an OT at home against Clemson and a close one early on against Mississippi State... so, although I thought Auburn might jump them after thay barely beat Cal, I have little problem with the rankings.

If Auburn beats Bama, things will rightfully correct.

So the only thing that's bothersome is learning everyone has a Heisman vote except me.

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

No not really. If AU loses to Bama, and then loses to SC, then SC will go to the Sugar. Leaving us to go to the Chic Filet Peach Bowl, Cotton, or Cap 1. I was thinking about this this morning. What should we really wish for? An AU loss to Bama and a win in the SECCG, an AU run the table, or an AU meltdown and lose both final games.

If AU runs the table, and we run the table, they will end up in the MNC game no ifs ands or butts, which would open the door for us to make it to the Sugar, almost definitely.

Any loss by AU puts them at risk of not making it to the MNC, even though a 1 loss with an SECC should get them there, but isn't guaranteed. A dbl loss by them and we are left out and going to the Cotton of Cap1. For us to hope that they fall and 1 of the other 3 ranked ahead of us fall, hoping to jump someone is risking not getting a BCS bowl. We might be best served hoping for them to win out and get to the MNC and for us to win out to get the the Sugar Bowl, it is the highest percentage chance of us getting to a BCS bowl. All other scenarios are big gambles.

Whether SC is ranked lower than us or not, does not matter. If they win the SECCG they will go to the Sugar Bowl.

8. LaSalleAve

I must respectfully disagree. If USCE wins the SEC and Auburn has 2 losses, even though South Carolina gets the Sugar, LSU would be the number 1 SEC team in the BCS rankings, and I believe would get an at large bid.

9. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

regardless of what Aubie does, if we win out we will play in a BCS game. You can bet on that.

10. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

I hope Auburn wins out...and Cam Newton wins the Heismann .... yes, i would love to see LSU get a shot at the title..but, it AINT happening this year . so i would prefer to keep the crystal ball and the heismann trophy in the SEC where it rightfully belongs.....

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY....