does this open doors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 100%TigerBred, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I disagree that every d-1 school is involved in payments to players for them to attend their school.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

The pressure is on Willie Lyles big time and these events are gathering steam and implicating more athletics in the process. Unless Lyles has the stubbornness of the all time wing-man Greg Anderson, trainer and steroid provider extraordinaire, in the Bonds saga, these clients are going to be outed. What high school player really needs a trainer when it's just code for street agent.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i knew many athletes poor as **** when i went to LSU who magically were driving new explorers as soon as they arrived on campus. everyone knows this goes on and its accepted. has been forever. i knew a couple personally who got money anytime they wanted it. they applied for a $20/hr job and never had to go. they just received checks. in fact it was a place my friends dad owned. they showed up every 2 weeks on payday only.

much like they also show up for class only on the day of tests with scantrons filled out.

or they all take night classes with specific professors that their advisers signed them up for directly. how everyone is not aware this goes on is baffling. are we giving the administration a pass because we think they arent aware and arent involved? lets be realistic. many of these kids arent student-athletes. they are professional athletes getting exploited by the system in place of rich fat white dudes.

its the way its been and how it will always be as long as the ncaa is allowed to do as it pleases.

thats because you want to think LSU's a good guy and the others are bad guys. try not being so naive.

4. mobius481

LOL. That doesn't even make any sense.

Okay, that's because you think lizards sprout wings and fly in humid clients and dolphins walk upright on Mars.

5. tirk

it does if you have the reading comprehension of a 12 yr old or higher.

Do I really need to explain that you want to believe LSU is clean?

6. mobius481

You keep trying to paint me as someone who says this isn't happening at LSU and I never said that. I only said if it is, we should be punished. I think there's a very good chance it is happening and it scares the **it out of me because it does not happen at every school.

Go ahead and flip that one around too if you want but I'm done arguing with you. You seem intent to come up with points and ideas for me so go argue with a wall.

7. mobius481

I'd only need a five year old comprehension to be above you.

Reread the whole thread if you can manage to sound out the words in less than a day or two and you'll realize you have painted me as someone with opinions and thoughts that i have not expressed.

8. tirk

you arent aware LSU has given cars to athletes before? how much was a new explorer in the 90's? 30k?

you arent aware these dudes often never go to class or have classes with special professors.

or that many get paid whores on recruiting trips.

or that many get money handshakes along the way?

is this really news to you?

my point is if this is enlightening then you didnt want to see it. its nothing new and goes on everywhere.

and please dont use LOL if you are above 20 yrs of age and male.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No,, there are plenty of unproven allegation in this business of private agents and boosters.

Hundred-dollar handshakes go on everywhere including PSU, amigo. There is little a school can do about it.

State College Pennsylvania is is a fairly tiny town dominated by the college. LSU is in a a major capital city with multiple investigative newspapers and TV stations that monitor police traffic 24/7. LSU is one of three colleges in town. Misbehaving LSU players go to jail.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

And everyone with a working brain acknowledges this. So what IS the point of you flaming two separate threads on this now? It only sounds like you're out on a self-righteous crusade to make those "rich fat white dudes" spread the wealth around above table. LSU also makes money from student fees and tuition. Maybe they should start paying us to go to class.