does this open doors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 100%TigerBred, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm off you.

I agree with this. It pains me to ever use it but sometime I see no other way of getting a point across. It's not as bad as using "u" instead of "you" or "4" instead of "four". There is no purpose besides laziness and I will never use those.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i beg to differ. this thread is all the proof you need for that.

many at their own school like to think theirs is exempt. Or not as bad as headline of the day so they are better.

many people in this forum seemingly need to be reminded over and over and over that LSU does illegal **** but they do not want to believe it.

every major d1 school has to in order to survive. thats the entire point. no need for us play the sanctimonious card.

3. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

People are arguing differences of degree, not type. There's a reason we don't put people in jail for stealing a candy bar as long as people who pull off bank heists. And given the characters that are involved, people can be reasonably skeptical of both the sources of the accusations AND the school.

Remember that the NCAA dropped the "lack of institutional control" hammer down on us solely on the say-so of a disgruntled basketball player and his girlfriend, without any solid evidence of wrongdoing by the school or coaches. Years later, Lester Earl says the NCAA promised him a sweetheart deal if he buried LSU, so he made up the story. So it would be wise to keep this in mind before we all completely trust the word of coaches and former players on this.

4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

LOL LOL LOL

Sorry I just had to do that.
    :rofl: [This was also required]

1 person likes this.
  5. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

This issue will go on and on. The NCAA doesn't have the power(personnel, intelligence) to control the issue and even if they did they probably wouldn't. The fact of the matter is to be a top tier program some form of illegal procedure is going to have to be done.

6. tirk

often if the price is right. not simply because les miles is a great guy they want to fry fish with. thats just lagniappe.

the cam newton thing just brings it to the forefront. We didnt need pat pete mentioned to shed light on the fact we wallow in the slop as well.

yes and your kids are never as bad as the neighbors. but both are punks who need an ass kicking.

lets worry about our own house before breaking out the monetary scale on right and wrong. its ridiculous to point the finger elsewhere when we know we do the same thing regardless how minor we claim ours are in comparison.

yes but they did it first. (sarcasm)

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think the kids should get some amount of money anyway. They do hard work and some even get injured and lose it all...

8. lsudolemite

Fine, let's start by hearing your proposal for how LSU should clean up the "cash handshake" practice, when any wannabe "booster" can do it, who may or may not have any affiliation with the university. I could go to the bank and withdraw a couple hundred dollars and follow HS recruits like a puppy and do the same thing. Tell me how the LSU compliance police are going to clean that up with finite resources.

9. tirk

i dont care if LSU cleans up their act or not. They do what they must to compete.

I simply said we shouldnt be hypocritical and pretend we arent just as guilty as any other top-tier school. Ive accepted this many years ago. all the current outrage is laughable.

Maybe deniability is clouding your understanding of my salient and obvious point whilke reform is another issue altogether.

10. lsudolemite

That's very interesting. You go around claiming you're either entirely squeaky clean, or completely corrupt, and claim the latter based on what happened 10 years ago. Such a sophisticated worldview. And as soon as I bring up a legitimate issue about the feasibility of cleaning up the program to meet your definition of "clean", you duck it in favor of being contentious just for the hell of it. Yeah, I think I understand your point just fine.