does this open doors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 100%TigerBred, Mar 30, 2011.

1. NavyTiger

NavyTiger dunn dunn it all

My opinion is that things are usually not so black and white, most is in the grey area. There are violations going on in every major program even if they are not serious.( Giving a ride home to a player etc) There will always be loopholes to these sort of things and they will happen.

2. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Talking about this on “after further review” right now

Peterson said he never even took an official visit...went to camp...but never took a visit like ole boy said in the interview.

Peterson said "Why would I jeopardize my future for $80K when I knew my future was playing football"

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I dont go around anything. I said we are dirty, as is every top school. if you want to discuss semantics and set a level of money that you deem significant, thats your choice.

what are you talking about? are you shallow enough to believe this just coincidentally went on when I was at LSU? talk about a rose-colored worldview.

again what are you talking about. I never said I had a plan to clean anything up nor is it my prerogative. Why on earth do you think thats my concern. One can see LSU is not innocent without 'having a want' to fix the problem. its not real difficult. try to stay on topic.

its black when its the others doing it but grey when its the school of choice.

funny how that works. its awesome to see how some rationalize things.

4. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I'm not saying we do or we don't but one glaring fact most people aren't realizing is...

IF LSU does pay-for-play high name players then how in the hell have we had JJ for the past 2 seasons?

2 people like this.
  5. tirk

perrilloux broke the bank dude.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I notice your "Location" is work.
    Where exactly do you "work" and have so much damn time to post in the Den? I must admit, I'm sort of envious.

:eek:ldskule:

7. tirk

shoneys. 3 months on 3 months off. assistant manager.

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Course not...only the "Big" programs that win consistently.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

And finally, someone gets it.

One can call it "rationalizing" or "rose-colored glasses" all he wants, but there's a realistic limit to how much a school can keep tabs on its athletes, and a limit to how much it can police "boosters" walking around with cash in hand. That comes part and parcel with big-money college football.

However, when LSU coaches are associating with street agents, that is a whole other can of worms. I'm on record since Lyles' name first popped up with respect to Haley that this smelled bad, and the smell has now gotten a lot worse with this news about Peterson.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

There's nothing like a man with an exciting job!