does this open doors?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 100%TigerBred, Mar 30, 2011.

1. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

I just don't understand how someone on the outside looking in, can sit here and say without a shadow of a doubt that LSU is dirty. I don't believe for a second that the University pays for players to commit. Some guy, with no real connection to the program, approaching a player with $500 is not LSU's problem. We are constantly winning and pulling in top 10 classes. Unlike Auburn, who went 5-7 in 2008 and followed that up with 8-5 and their best recruiting class(#4) as far back as Rivals goes back(2002).

I don't know who you think you are guy, but I think it's extremely irresponsible of you to spout this garbage like you have the tapes and receipts to prove it.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

It isn't garbage, its just the way it is. It "may" not be directly connected to the university but these kids have always gotten a little scratch on the side. Envelopes full of money slipped under the dorm room door, the $$ shake, all sorts of ways. No need to run from it or act as if it is some scarlet letter, we aren't the only place it happens. Lets look at Kevin Faulk as an example. Dude had a gang of kids, he may have been married but I'm not sure, has the opportunity to hit the NFL and eliminate all his worries but stays for his Sr year? C'mon man, that doesn't sound fishy to you?

For the record I'm glad he stayed that Sr year and I don't have any ax to grind against 3. I just used it as an example.

My .02, nothing comes of this.

3. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

No it's not true. It's never been true, in fact, it's completely out of character for LSU.

Check last year's final top 25 rankings. Guess which school is the least penalized out of all that bunch.

LSU has been penalized twice in football since 1893. Twice. That's a good day for a program like Auburn's.

:LSU231:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Miles plays by the rules. End of story.

5. chewie

chewie Glitched

It's gonna be a long offseason, y'all.

6. sm5o4

sm5o4 Founding Member

Sounds like we agree. I am not saying the kids don't get money, quite the contrary. I'm just saying I don't believe LSU is actively paying recruits to sign. What a booster or fan does without the school's knowledge is their business(the booster/fan), not that I agree with it, just saying. PP is just not the guy to look for money from a school, he, like my boy Charlie Sheen, are about winning. :thumb:

7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Tirk disagrees. Every d-1 school does it according to him.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My dad played football at Southern Miss a gazillion years ago, and he said the money handshake was in full force there. Of course, he said he never got anything, as he was only an offensive lineman...

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I wonder why Trent Johnson doesn't have access to this pool of money used to pay players??

1 person likes this.
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Rumors about Peterson. Texas A&M is not our friend.