Does VT playing a game before us help them or us

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Aug 15, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Question.

VT opens up soon against Ark. State.

I am curious. Who does this help in your opinion. Us or them, do we get the game film of that game since they will not have a game film of us (They could the the SEC title game, that is basically our team minus #25)

Do they have the luxury of a warmup game so to speak before taking on a top 20 team such as they ? Both of us are neck and neck in talent and rankings.

However they have a chance to get banged up. (But I am sure it will be a turkey shoot for VT)

Just curious what you thought. Who benifits from playing a game before a big matchup to start the season. And do we get Film from them from that game since they will not have film from us ??

Geaux Tigers.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

You could argue either way. I think it will be an advantage for VT (but not as much as they need!). The scouting we get will not be the whole package they will have ready for us. Coaches always say that you make your most improvement between the 1st and 2nd games. especially for the freshmen. They will have the first-game-jitters out of the way.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

I agree with ellis! They will have one games expierence under their belt. That helps a lot, but I still look for us to win.