Does WVU have a Snowballs Chance?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Mar 8, 2010.

1. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

Having attended ALOT of Wvu games in the past 3 years, this is the game I want to see. However, no Pat White may equal no WVU win. What do you guys think, they got a chance in DeathValley? I'll be there to see for myself.

West Virginia Mountaineers To Face LSU Tigers in Death Valley | Bleacher Report

"Given a choice of being on top or not, I prefer being on top. You want to win. You want to verify your judgment." --Clive Davis. Never get comfortable with your failure-to-success ratio. When you step up to the plate, expect to get a hit.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm not going to say they don't stand a chance but I would be stunned if they left Death Valley with a victory. LSU has better athletes, not real sure which direction Bill Stewart is going to take this team 2 years removed from Rich Rod, but i expect LSU to come away with a victory.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

WVU still has pretty good respect from most teams. They aren't too far off from past years of great success so a win for us will be great in terms of seeing what kinda team we have and in national perception.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Its going to be tough for them since they are breaking in a new quarterback. That and Latwan Anderson wont be on their team.

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

If LaTech can hang with this team through 3 quarters in Tiger Stadium, then anything is possible.

6. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

WVU SHOULDN'T be able to beat LSU in Death Valley. The Tigers are far more stacked with talent.

However...next year is one of those seasons with tons of questions in the beginning, the chief one being:

Will the Offense put more points (than last year) on the board and run lots of time off the board?

If yes and yes, then we roll.

7. clair

clair Rockets

Noel Devine will always be a load, but LSU should be able to pound them up front on both ends. I'd think the Vegas spread in that one will probably be -11 or so for LSU and I can see it ending up about a 28-17 or so game.

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Is senior Noel Devine the best player that will on the field when we play WVU? At least when it comes to who will go the highest in the 2011 Draft?

He rushed for 1,465 yards as a junior last season (6.08 YPC) and 1,289 yards (6.26 YPC) the season before that.

9. clair

clair Rockets

2 words: Patrick Peterson.

Dude might be a Top 10 pick, if not higher. Hands-down the best CB in America (and was last year, too, despite the SEC slighting him).

He's only a junior, but this is his last year at LSU barring injury or a terrible season.

Devine is a great athlete, but size and character issues will always hold him back. He will score negative on the Wonderlic.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Is the new quarterback sophomore Eugene "Geno" Smith, who is projected to be even better than Pat White? He was a Parade All-American coming out of high school.

Rivals had him as the #3 dual-threat QB coming out of high school, grade 5.9 ("All-American Candidate...deemed to have pro potential"). For LSU, they had Jarrett Lee at 5.8 (#7 pro-style QB), Jordan Jefferson at 5.8 (#8 pro-style QB), Zach Lee at 5.8 (#9 pro-style QB), Chris Garrett at 5.7 (#18 pro-style QB)

Scout had him as the #12 overall QB recruit. For LSU, they had Jarrett Lee at #15, Jordan Jefferson at #18, Zach Lee at #21, Chris Garrett at #27.

ESPN had him as the #8 overall QB recruit. For LSU, they had Zach Lee at #9, Jarrett Lee at #10, Jordan Jefferson at #16, Chris Garrett at #27.

As a freshman last year, he was 32-of-49 (65.3%) with a 120.94 rating. As a senior in high school, he threw for 3,089 yards. As a junior, he threw for 2,222.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]