Does WVU have a Snowballs Chance?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by charlie_c0756, Mar 8, 2010.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

because of global warming? or because there is no hell?

2. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

With Bill Stewart at the helm, they stand no chance in hell to win. That guys stinks as a head coach. It will be a BLOW OUT.

He's a nice guy, but I think he has a better future as a kindergarten teacher than a major program head coach.

Good pickup for LSU.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Global warming. There is a hell, but it's been
    frozen over for about a month.

1 person likes this.
  4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Will WVU start off in the Top 25 next season? I remember after Noel Divine announced he was returning, I read two guys on Rivals.com saying they would put WVU in the preseason Top 25 for 2010.

WVU has finished in the final Top 25 for five straight seasons now, which is tied with the Florida Gators for #5 in the NCAA when it comes to longest streak of final Top 25 appearances.

Last season, they weren't ranked in the preseason Top 25. They creep in at #22 and #20 for two weeks in the middle of the season. Then, at the end of the season, they crept back in the Top 25 at #24 after they beat #8 Pitt in the Backyard Brawl. After they won their next Big East game, the finished the regular season at #18. They finished #25 after they lost to Florida State in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville (basically a home game for Florida State). The coaches poll had them at #22.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I guess I should have said might not be on their team . . . it's not like it really matters given his position. Just sucks for WVU if he goes to Miami.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

ding ding ding....

we have a winner!:thumb:

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

They're probably saying the same thing about our coach. I agree with you about Stewart being more of a nice guy than a major coach, but he's actually produced okay over there. You know, considering he took over after Rich Rod left and Pat White (the best player in WVU history) only had one game left.

He's had two 2nd place, 9-4 finishes, two bowl wins to one loss and they've only been involved in one blowout that wasn't even real bad since he's been there. Most of their losses have been very close. And one of the bowl wins was the Fiesta Bowl win against a solidly favored OU after Rich Rod left.

Their big issue right now is that their projected starter broke his foot in the off-season and he's still not 100% healed yet (and not quite ready for practice yet). That could really hurt them. A new QB is a tough issue without being hurt.

But they have Noel Devine who is an awesome/explosive player. He scares me. So of course they have a chance to win with a guy like that (see McCluster). How good their chance will be will depend on what the QB situation will be like. But with a healthy/decent QB, it wouldn't take a miracle for them to beat us - just a good game with few turnovers. Remember, we have no proven RB going into this year and aren't sure what we're gonna see either. Hopefully we'll see a better team this year.

8. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

It's hard to handicap the tigers next year, especially not knowing which offense will show up. But.. I believe th tigers will win by 13.

9. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

You are correct sir, you have come to understand the irrationality of Red. I think there should be some sort of a prize for your insight into the mind of such a deviant.

View attachment 13164

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This game will be a great measuring stick for just how far our Tigers have improved over the past 2 seasons. Does WVU have a chance? you bet they do, they aren't some patsy gimme win, they are a major BCS school regardless of their conference. Should the Tigers win? Yep, and hopefully we do by at least 10.:geaux: :tigereye: :LSU231: