Doing some research for work. I noticed someone purchased the domain

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Nov 13, 2002.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

www.firenicksaban.com

I can think of 100,000 better ways to spend 70 bucks.

That is funny, that site has about as much of a chance of getting hits as www.orderanthraxonline.com

Sheesh....

Looks like some village is missing their idiot and he has a credit card and a computer.

2. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I imagine some entreprenuar out there decided it was well worth $70 a pop to buy out the domain names of all of the coaches at major football programs who demand succes, figuring that when those individuals have a slightly poor series of games, they can make big money marketing their site. I wonder if that same person has numerous sites dedicated to these coaches in hand...I would say it means Saban has truly attained greatness if someone wants to have it for that 'someday'.

3. TexasTigers

Looks like someone in Alexander City Al. Purchase firefran.com.

What are these people thinking.

Anyway, I guess it is free country. Just seems a bit stupid.

However fireronzook.com has gotten thousands of hits and I am sure the person who has that site has made some decent money on Ads.

4. TexasTigers

Funny thing is I did a whois on the Nick Saban Domain. And it is one of my own here in Dallas. The dude lives in Plano...

Oh well, good luck there Brian on your domain.

5. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

Somewhere down the road those domains may get some hits. who knows how hard the sanctions will hit Alabama in a few years. Who even knows if LSU will not have a relapse into a DiNardo coma. We don't think either one will likely happen but it could.

6. chuck

chuck Founding Member

well, sadly enough

Alex City, AL is pretty close to Auburn and the general population there is pretty pro-AU . . I would like to think my fellow brethren wouldn't do something as assinine as that. . but stranger things have happened.

Texastigers . how do you figure out who owns a domain?

7. TexasTigers

Nick Saban has got himself about a 6 year lease. Even if LSU goes into the tank for a few years. Saban is not going anywhere. He has gotten us a #1 or #2 depending on who you read Recruiting class, a great one last year, and currently #2 now.
    He has won an SEC title, and a Sugar Bowl and LSU has been ranked in the Top 25 for over a year now.

He is allowed to have a down year or two in my book.
    But you are right I am sure some Bozo will want to run the best coach LSU has had since Arnsparger (sp?)

8. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

firetuberville.com is already taken also.

The great thing about those domains is that they don't mention the school. For instance, 4 years ago LSU fans could be spouting off their woes on firedinardo.com, and this year IU fans could be doing the same on the same website!

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

just a small correction, domains don't cost $70 anymore. There are several places where you can get them for about $10 to $20. This is much more affordable but it also leads to people registered a bunch of goofy stupid domains.

10. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member