Domanick Davis Status with the Texans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by houtiger, Aug 14, 2004.

1. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

DD will not play in the pre-season game tonight against the Cowboys. He has a bruised thigh, and I have read reports of swelling in the knee and swelling in the ankle. Sportscasters say it is minor, during regular season he would play. The coaches are supposedly keeping him healthy, they know what he can do. Talked about backs who run between the tackles getting knicked up enough during the regular season, so see what the other backs (Tony Hollings and Jonathan Wells) can do.

2. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Last night, in a Texan loss to Denver Broncos, DD started and played 1.5 quarters. He had 49 yards in 7 carries and caught one pass for 24 yards. Texans led 14-13 at halftime.

DD looked VERY good. The team looked much more productive with DD in the game. Texans have installed a new zone blocking scheme for the o-line. DD says he likes it. DD has set one of his goals this year to rush for 2,000 yards. I saw a sportswriter raise his eyebrow when DD said it in a TV interview, he asked DD "are you sure". DD just said you have to aim high.

Texans are not making too much of this, but with a 3rd year qb, they think they may have a shot at a wildcard berth, with a little luck.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I was impressed with DD last nite, the Texans looked good and they have taken a page out of the Denver Broncos offense with respect to running the ball.

Matt only played the final 2 minutes last nite and didn't get a chance to do much last
    nite.

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Davis should be a great pickup for any of you fantasy owners. I'm gonna try to pick him up as a backup and if he does as well as I expect him to do, naturally he'll be my starter.