Donald Trump's Road to 1237

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Mar 20, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Like red would say, "What kinda queer talk is that?"

Bengal B and tirk like this.
  2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If it goes down like what you guys are describing, I predict Trump and Cruz get together and agree that it will be a Trump/Cruz ticket. Cruz is young and in 8 years can take the mantle from Trump.

How awesome would that be to stick it to the Republican party?

Perple likes this.
  3. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

I think this is a very real possibility. Cruz may be a slimy ass MF but he is no dummy. If he sees that he cannot get the nomination he may very well ally himself with Trump just to ensure that the party establishment doesn't get to hand-pick another candidate, especially one what hasn't been in the race. That said, they would have some playing nice to do in order to overcome the jabs they've taken at each other during the primaries. This is a good point, though.

Perple likes this.
  4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Maybe so, although Preibus seems as unclear on the "Rules", as anyone. Reince has been a disaster.

Trump holds 39% of the GOP vote right now, well over 40% after NY.

Do you believe those 40% will vote for some FrankenTicket the GOPe foists onto the American public at the convention?

GOPe is playing to lose right now, if their leading vote collector is kicked to the curb.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

I wish I could see it happening, but I think the months long rumor of Cruz & Kasich seems more likely. No idea on Trump if he survives the convention, without going indy. Hell, maybe Trump & Kasich?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm not at all saying you are wrong. I'm telling you they (GOP) will stop at nothing to keep him off the ticket.

7. Tiger in NC

I think so too, but the same for Cruz. The party only likes Cruz right now because he is their vehicle for stopping Trump. Once they get to the convention, I guarantee they have their eyes on someone else, likely not even in the race today. If they do that, Trump will no doubt take his 40% of the Republican electorate and run third party.....if nothing else just to screw the Republicans.

8. Tiger in NC

I think so too, but the same for Cruz. The party only likes Cruz right now because he is their vehicle for stopping Trump. Once they get to the convention, I guarantee they have their eyes on someone else, likely not even in the race today. If they do that, Trump will no doubt take his 40% of the Republican electorate and run third party.....if nothing else just to screw the Republicans.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

So true and why it's so funny to watch play out. Effin Repub's are eating themselves up from the inside out. How the phuck can they expect to pick up DEMOCRAT votes when they can't vote for a FELLOW repub themselves?!?!

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I heard you the first time.

shane0911 likes this.