Don't be surprised if Saints make early exit from playoffs

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Jan 2, 2011.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

In the same token, we beat Indy with no running game to speak of or attempt to get one going. Minnesota game, much the same.

It was all Brees.

Brees has to turn back into "I don't throw interceptions" verison of Brees, however.

2. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

2010 has been an oddly frustrating year. ANY other year and 11-5 and making the playoffs would be a great year for the Saints. Not this year, though. Even in our wins we've been inconsistent and made plenty of mistakes. Turnovers, penalties, lack of takeaways, you name it. I honestly can't think of even one really good game, much less great. In pretty much all of our wins, we either played really sloppy, made a bunch of mistakes, or needed some near-divine intervention(see Dallas and Cincinnati) to pull out the W. In every loss except the Baltimore game, we basically beat ourselves. The injury bug has bitten us hard, and especially now, when we were on the brink of having all hands on deck. Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating. I won't give up on the year until the absolute final tick of the clock, but I do look forward to better times as a Saints fan. Still, I must say, it's been a heck of a ride so far, and I don't want it to ever, ever end. I feel pretty good with the franchise in the hands of Loomis, Payton, and Brees. GEAUX SAINTS!!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

DOTB was prophetic. We score 36 we should win. What happened to the D today?

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Hasselback happened. He was out of his mind about 2 and a half quarters, which turned out to be enough.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think we all knew we weren't going to repeat. I'd rather lose now and get it out of the way then prolong the agony. The worst would be to lose to ATL in the NFC Championship game. We'll get rid of the dead weight, restock, and make a run next year.

6. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

Everyone was worried about the offense and all the injuries, but the Saints left their D back in NO.

Williams' game plan was freaking HORRIBLE yesterday. WTF was all the zone coverages about? Not to mention we have the worst strong safety in the league when it comes to coverage. Plus mix in about 50 missed tackles yesterday.

That was the worst display of defensive football i've seen since the Venturi years.

7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

That's what I told my grandma this morning (she's a die hard Saints fan). I told her I'd rather rip the band aid off quick and get it over with. lol