Dont Be Surprised

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gely33, Nov 23, 2009.

1. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

Don't be surprised if you see us lose some commits. I personally would'nt send my son to play for miles and i am no traitor i have never liked the hire from day one but it's getting ridiculous now......still love my tigers till im dead and gone but i wanna see les gone before im dead and gone

2. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

Considering all the good things that Miles brings to the table, it seems a bit drastic to me to tell your son not to go to LSU because he sucks at time management. Saturday was a debacle, but its not the end of the world. LSU will have one hell of a team next year, despite the time management issues.

3. gely33

gely33 Here I Stand

TIME MANAGEMENT..that is just one issue have you watched the teams play that he has had since he has been here they all have underachieved even the national championship team...

4. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

I am sooooo hoping this weekend doesnt hurt our recruiting. I hope this big mess will get cleared-up and we can continue to pull good players in. So if any great young recruits are reading, Come To LSU, we have the best tailgating in The World :geauxtige

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Gely33, I guess you posted your vitriol here because you didn't think your intended audience, the recruits themselves, would read your opinion.

What do you want? Would you be happy if we lost some commitments because you could beat your chest and say "I'm right"?

1 person likes this.
  6. ehelmLSU

ehelmLSU Freshman

In your opinion, we have underachieved the last two seasons. However, the biggest reason for the decline the last two years is the fact that Miles got rid of RP when most coaches wouldn't have. We are just recovering from the ramifications of that decision.

This is why recruits want to play for Miles:

Coach Miles is a good man, who treats his recruits like family. He works hard to get his players drafted. He has integrity. He recruits his ass off to make sure that we have elite talent. When problems arise, he takes action in a classy manner. For instance, he brought in Chavis without throwing his old coordinators under the bus. He lets his coordinators coach and doesn't throw them or his kids under the bus to appease the media. His players love him, which is shown by the fact that he has convinced so many to stay when they could go make money in the NFL. His program seemingly follows the rules because we haven't had any type of problems with the NCAA. Miles treats the fans and his staff with respect, unlike some of our former coaches. He graduates a high percentage of his players and doesn't tolerate bad seeds.

There are a few better game day coaches out there, but very few bring as much to the table as Miles. Given the above positives, I would send my kid to Miles in a heartbeat. Parents understand that the positives that can be gained from participation in college athletics goes much deeper than does this coach make all the right calls on game day.

2 people like this.
  7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Very good post.

Also, we have received 23 early commits this year and like all programs we are going to have commits thinking about their decisions now that their seasons are winding down. Simply happens every year. This is the time when the college season is coming to a close as well and official visits are the norm to go along with the month off before bowl games when coaches across the country are spending more and more time recruiting. Before the Ole Miss game there were rumors over the past few months about a number of possible prospects wavering but they are all still here. The threat is the same and will likely happen. I don't remember a class were everyone that committed stayed through the end.

Get ready because this is year is going to be exactly like the rest and the Ole Miss game is not going to be the cause. Single games rarely are... Now turn your attention to the coaching changes across the country that are going to put a wrinkle into everyone's class. Same ole, same ole

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We are not fooled, Mr. no traitor. You want the recruits to agree with you or you wouldn't post it here.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

see i would think that Miles' use (or lack thereof) of under classmen would effect them more than a bonehead move at the end of the game. Miles is still a good guy, and a guy i would want my kid to play for. I would want my kid to play for a decent human being, not a win at all costs bloodsucker, who would sell his children for a victory.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

This thread reminds me to congratulate Reuben Randle for his game at Ole Miss.

1st TD as a Tiger and added his 2nd of the game.