Dont Be Surprised

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gely33, Nov 23, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

That second catch was beautiful. I thought he was over thrown but he made a great catch.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Agreed, RR had a great game, and was finally rewarded for his hard work.

3. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Great post. I still think the positives outweigh the negatives, and I really don't think one game will have a negative effect.

:geauxtige

4. Fighting Tigers

Fighting Tigers Founding Member

Well GELY, on behalf to any Tiger fan out there. Here's to you never having a child good enough to play college football so you won't screw us over. You send your child where they want to go while secretly pointing to LSU. If you don't then you are not a Tiger fan despite all that "I want my son to have such and such as a coach". Miles controls time outs, disciplines players, and recruits. He needs help with calling time outs but everything else he is great at. Everything else horrible about the game the other night was from Gary Crowton who was in charge of calling the plays. Its not Miles fault if the offense sucks, thats the OC. After the season its Miles job to get rid of him.

1 person likes this.
  5. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

I can agree with this post except there is one thing I am curious about?
    Did miles ever have top 10 recruiting classes before he came to LSU? (NO). I think it is more LSU and the assistants (like Porter) that get the recruit's here than CLM himself, I dont think he would have a top 10 class at other school's not in LSU's caliber. But you are right about Coach Miles being a good man, who treats his recruits like family, that is one thing that he really believes in. But its not the reason he is getting top classes now, the School is. Kids like to play for teams that have a chance to play in and win a NCG. And yes Saban left this school in that caliber, Miles just took it over and has a good record so far but he did nothing at Ok St. but beat Oklahoma twice, he never won that conference (I dont think anyway) or any major bowls before coming to LSU.

And go easy on gely33, he is just expressing his opinion, if Saturdays game doesn't change a recruits mind a post on this forum will not come close. if you think a recruit might change their mind from reading this post you have got to be nuts, You all should be worried about recruits reading the 150+ post on the Tiger Den section of this forum.

1 person likes this.
  6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Les Miles may not be the best coach, but he's an incredible recruiter. The man doesn't get enough credit in that area. I can't imagine many recruits bailing on him, especially with how well he treats them.

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

This IS the big picture. Too many people jumped to conclusions before information gathering regarding CLMs comments regarding the end of the Ole Miss game. Like all of us, he has strengths and weaknesses. He just needs to get quality coordinators on both sides of the ball in the same year, and then we will see the above efforts produce a NC. I am proud of our program overall while still remaining disappointed in our underachieving offense this year. Need to keep the big picture in mind and information gather before jumping on bandwagons.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Prospects do not make decisions based on the outcome of a game. They know losing is just a part of football. Their relationship with the coaches, opportunity to play early, facilities, etc., are more important. If LSU loses any commitments it will not be because we lost to Ole Miss.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

not top ten, but dont kid yourself. have you ever been to stillwater, oklahoma?

think starkvegas. without the glitz and glamour.

then consider competing against ou and texas for the bulk of your recruits. i think he did a great job at osu, considering what he was up against.

and if the schools arent in lsu's caliber, then its gonna likely not be top ten class anyway.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

More importantly...Did Saban or Dinardo before they came to LSU? Geez, like this is rocket science...

I have some family members that dislike Miles, and always have. You could see them eaten up inside when we won in '07. I mean just torn up that Miles lifted that trophy. Some people just dislike the man, and every week, win or lose, look for reasons to point the finger. And then claim, "oh I like the man, quality guy, good recruiter(but mostly it's LSU), etc., etc., etc." It's all BS, cause it's just about their personal dislike of Miles.

I even had one call me after the game saying he should be fired. I just laughed my butt off.

Now we are going to have a mass exodus of recruits??

Wanna bet? :rofl: