Dont Be Surprised

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gely33, Nov 23, 2009.

1. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

It's hard to cripple a program with the talent-base that is available to us. If this 'slide' continues.. we may not be competing for a NC -- but the SEC is always up for grabs. That being said.. provided Miles cleans shop on the offensive side of the ball I'll give him another year.

Do not be alarmed when we have offensive players shopping around. They won't be doing it because of Miles -- but because the people who recruited them will be at different schools next year. If we get some quality coaches with proven track records.. we should keep the studs.

2. dudley

dudley oops!

CLM hasn't had that hard a time getting top recruiting classes based on his record, but If I was a recruit hearing boos at home games and observing the way LSU fans have acted recently, I would definitely have second thoughts. I read on another thread that Trovon Reed cited fan support at Auburn as one of the reasons he chose Auburn over LSU. I talking about SOME fans, not all.

Thanks...

Rick Dudley

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

My son would go to LSU no matter who the coach is.
    There is more to tradition, history and the experience than any one individual.
    Sports is really ONLY just a part of it!

4. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Don't let trovon reed fool you. He has not yet dealt with his own shortcomings, mainly Reuben Randle, RS, Landry, Peterson, and TT. Everything else he says is poo. He's afraid.

5. Dmarzio

Dmarzio Founding Member

I've been wondering for quite a while now how many true freshman Miles has played this year compared to other coaches in the SEC. I've been hearing a lot of people complain about Miles' stubbornness to play upperclassmen over the freshman.

From what I've seen so far this season, a good number of our freshman have seen the field. They may not get crazy minutes each game, but I trust the coaches judgment on each players readiness. They obviously get to see these players in practice everyday, and they know who warrants playing time and who doesn't.

Does anyone have the number of freshman the other SEC coaches have played this year? I think we would be comparable to other teams in the conference.

Off the top of my head these players have played so far (feel free to add/subtract from the list):

Randle, Shepard, Claiborne, Allen, Downs....

How many other teams seriously play more than 5 true freshman? I guess you could argue that with the (arguably) #1 recruiting class we should play more freshman, but what about Bama? How many have they played thus far?

Just curious...

Also, I personally think any recruit who would list last weekend's problems as the sole reason to decommit is not a true tiger anyway, and they shouldn't be here.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

lavar edwards played a lot, too, & played well. don't remember if he is a FR, RSFR, or SO?

7. Dmarzio

Dmarzio Founding Member

He is a redshirt freshman. I was mainly talking about our true freshman.

8. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Miles may be a great man & a family man & a great recruiter & have a awesome record early in his LSU career. Now, I think we all want a team & coach that is gonna hold his own against the top coaches & teams in the SEC & the nation. Do we have that now? Did we have it last year? We will probally be 9-3 this year which is Cholly Mac good. but losing to the big boys every year ain't gonna cut it in the long run.. I don't think the big boys fear the hat anymore, do you?? I'm just saying

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So what would you have told your son last year?

Going 8-5 and #1 recruiting.....Good thing your not everyones dad! :wave:

JW....

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Just for the record Miles has beaten every single coach in the SEC, plus Ohio State, Notre Dame and Miami. So what the %$#&^%#$ do you what?