Dont forget

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by JSracing, May 11, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i wont ever forget. i had just moved to new jersey a few months before, to jersey city, which is on the hudson riverfront opposite world trade which is on the west side of manhattan (the jersey side, brooklyn is across the east river.) i had a crappy job working for a securites firm. part of my job was that every day i had to take some bonds and stock certificates to a clearinghouse on water street from our office overlooking the hudson.

there is a subway that runs from the waterfront on the jersey side to 7 stories under world trade, i would take every morning and every afternoon. besides me, i had 5 friends from baton rouge that worked downtown. on tuesday sept 11th when i walked outside and towards world trade i saw it was on fire. i asked the first person i saw what happened. she said a plane hit it. i didnt really believe her, but i knew it was possible since i knew that a plane had hit the empire state building in the 1940's or something. anyways, i ran to the waterfront and found my roommate. the first plane had hit at 8:48, right before i stepped out of my apartment. by 8:57 or 9:03 or whenever it was, i was standing with my roommate gawking at the first tower. then as we watched, the second plane hit. it was really big, and really loud. i know you have seen it. the fireball was insane. and the sound, man it was impossible to believe. i, and everyone else i was standing with was stunned. many people immediately cried. i went inside to work and called my mom, because she knew i was inside world trade multiple times a day. she told me about the pentagon. that scared me. i knew a war was on. i went back outside and there were fighter jets buzzing all around, and by now everyone was terrified and cops were telling us to walk home. i went back inside and then a guy came from his office and said a tower had fallen. we went to his office and were stunned by the new view, without a tower. i was upset and worried for my friends so i left work and walked home, fighters still buzzing. when i got home i saw the second tower fall live on tv. the ferry dock outside my current apartment was overloaded with people covered in white, escaping the dust clouds, which by now where overwhelming the whole harbor. since i hadnt lived here long, and didnt know anyone, no friends of mine were killed. but that was not the case with my neighbors and coworkers.

i went back to work thursday and took the ferry to world trade, the subway was closed for 2 years. it was really dusty, everyone was still wearing those masks. everything smelled for a long time, i could even smell it in my apartment when i opened the windows. everyone i knew described the whole thing as "surreal". it is weird to see things you cant imagine.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I'm with you guys here.....
    I have a 9\11 dvd I bought, it tells the story of the firefighters plus a rookie who was waiting for his first fire to happen and then the WTC turned out to be his first and last.

I will never forget it and I think its past due that we send Iraq, Iran and Syria and whoever else a real message.
    A message similar to what we got on Sept. 11, not one quite that big of course.
    A message that if you support terrorism you are not going to get away with it.

We've talked too much already, time we put that big stick to use instead of talk.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

martin, aside from your religious beliefs, I'm starting to think you're half decent, this is scaring me worse than the video link. :shock:

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Martin and I don't agree on religious beliefs either.
    I have found him to be one heck of a guy and we pretty much believe the same when
    it comes to politics actually.
    We don't agree on everything but I think its safe to say that we agree on alot more than we don't. ;)

He's young, It wouldn't surprise me to see him come around when he gets a little older...

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

foreign policy is a place where i agree with conservative republicans. in fact i am a registered republican, and a big fan of george bush. christians are the nicest people around, i love them. don't let my wild ranting fool you. i ordinarily wouldnt go so nuts on religion, but i get a little excited and go wild on free speech alley.

anyways. i am optimistic that americans wont forget how dangerous the world is, and won't let politicians take over that say things like "we should wait for the support of europe". there is no waiting. now there is action. so much has happened, we cannot be reactive anymore. like sourdoughman always says. we need to send a message.