Dont Give Up Guys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

In a word, yes.

2. Atkinson Hall

Atkinson Hall Freshman

i think there's an easier way for us to win the SEC west this year. we just need Auburn to lose one more sec game (Florida) and Arkansas to lose just one sec game before we play them. that we mean that Aburn beat us, Arkansas beat Aubrun and, we beat Arkansas....each with 2 sec losses. then we might get in on some sort of tie-breaker. this would probaly be more likely than asking Auburn to lose two more sec games.

3. GetBackToWork

GetBackToWork Founding Member

And if Ohio State eats some bad spinach...

And if Kim Jong-Il schedules a second test for Southern California...

Enough "and ifs". Our team must focus on execution. They are doing most things right, but the wrongs happen to be real doozies. The team was certainly more than capable of handling both Auburn and Florida. One kick, one play, one game at a time.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm one of the whiners, so I was using almost indetectable sarcasm.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

LOL, when you start counting on your "enemies" to do things for you, you learn quite quickly why people can't count on their enemies.:wink:

6. Nukem

Nukem Founding Member

If. If. If. If.
    Who's giving up? This team had a chance to take control of its destiny Saturday and made a total mess of the opportunity. Now, we're supposed to hang our hopes on if, if, if and if. What a joke.

If they fire Les Miles and replace him and his staff with real coaches, I'll be really happy.

Watch last year's tapes, and you'll note the offense operated in 911 hack mode all year except for the Peach Bowl. Who knows why?

It was choke against Florida (this year, too), choke against Tennessee and luck against Auburn last year and choke this year, and more 911 hack time against Arkansas last year.

None of these games indicate any greatness on the part of the coaching staff. They just were lucky that JR was hurt for the Peach Bowl.

This team is in a bind. No leadership either on the field or from the sidelines. Way more talent than the sense to use it properly.

7. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Yes... the season is not lost, but I like many other Tiger Fans HATE to have to rely on hter teams winng and losing. I prefer that we take care of our own business and the other SEC teams have to worry about us.
    :geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Let's just fire all our coaches and have some of the experts on this board Coach our team because their are sure a bunch of great ones on here.

Wonder why they didnt go into coaching as a living in the first place because we have a bunch of Bear Bryants on here.

To read these internet message boards every coach needs to be fired on every one of LSU's teams.

I can talk about the games without calling for a coachs head every time we lose a game.

As a fan base i think some of our people have gotten a little spoiled.

I hate to lose as much as anyone here on this forum. If you dont believe me ask my wife. I want LSU to play well and win every game they play. And after losses my stomach gets sick and i pace and it ruins my whole weekend.

But it is not the end of the world and when i calm down i am able to remember why i love LSU sports and get alot of enjoyment out of watching win or lose.

Win or lose i am proud of this team because they have put it out there and worked really hard.

Some breaks have not gone our way but i would be willing to bet this team will be out there fighting to win this next week and the rest of the year.

I believe in this team and i believe Coach Miles will get em ready and we will have a good season.

Geaux Tigers

9. claudioji

claudioji Freshman

I haven't given up on my tigers. I've just given up on Les Miles. The problem with the team is not lack of talent. It's lack of discipline. Penalties, dropped balls, and rampant mental errors at important points of the game. It's almost like the players don't respect him like they respected Saban.

10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

You must have given up on a lot of coaches today.:rofl:

Given the following information:
    Not counting today's game(s)
    LSU has 38 penalties for 294 yards.
    Florida has 59 penalties for 406 yards.
    South Carolina has 38 penalties for 267 yards.
    Georgia has 34 penalties for 275 yards.

Would you be giving up on Meyers, Spurrier, or Richt is you were a Gator, Gamecock, or Bulldog fan?

Terell Owens has the most dropped balls in the NFL (4) right now, I guess Parcells needs to go too?:dis: :nope: :bncry: