Don't know why or how but this offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Oct 21, 2009.

1. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

As someone else said their offensive numbers have been dropping week to week. They run a sort of unusual offense with all kinds of motion and the 1st few weeks no one had film on them. Now they do have it and have at least slowed them down. We not only have film but 2 weeks to prepare. Also our defense is the best part of our team right now. I'm more worried about our offense. Miles pretty much said in Miles speak that they are going to keep doing what they have been doing but just execute better. We'll see.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

It's going to be very difficult to get excited about any sort of offensive improvement against AU. Remember, after we beat them on the planes last year (something Saban never did), most of us thought we had an all-world QB that would spring us to the SECW title.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

If that's not some disgusting stats, then I don't know what is.

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't think we will all of the sudden see a lites out offense, but I do think we will see a much crisper offense. The 1 step behind they always seem to be will be gone and we will be able score some points.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

we may still have that QB. seriously though, how come LSU seems so irresolute this season? you can't play football to your best potential if you're afraid. we need a confidence builder. we should have seen 110 percent of our offense against teams like USL, Vandy and State. instead CLM played conservatively, never got rolling offensively, and it's biting us in the ass. it's all fine and dandy to "save offense for teams like florida," but that wasn't the case at all. complete fail by the coach in that regard. i guess it's OK as long as he learns from his mistakes... but it shouldn't take a coach an entire season to learn from a mistake.

it took him ALL last season to do something about the DC situation. it took him ALL last season to do something about the QB situation. i hope it doesn't take ALL this season to find an identity on offense. sometimes you have to make adjustments on the fly. LSU football is too much of boon to the university and the state to let it fizzle out. you can't let the ship sink before you start trying to right it. CLM is making the changes, but he takes entirely too long. you can't do that in the SEC and hope to stay ahead of the game.

Miles needs to be less reactive and more proactive, in my opinion.

6. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I thoroughly agree with this. When everyone was saying that he was being vanilla against our cupcakes, I was hoping that wasn't the case. You can't just suddenly start razzle-dazzling against the best teams. You have to play your game and get your players the reps they need so that they can execute with confidence against the tougher teams. Sure, it's a good strategy to save a wrinkle or two for the big guys. I think a great example of this is the TD pass to Dickson (he's still on the team, right?) against Ohio St. Funny formation, quick count, boom. Stuff like that. . .you can execute it pretty easily, but your entire offensive scheme doesn't rely on it. You can't expect to come out against the best defense in the country and run all these different plays that your young team hasn't run in live situations and be successful. And if you execute, it doesn't matter how much film the other team has on you.

7. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

This just makes a lot of sense to me yet our coaches can't seem to figure it out.

8. KerryS

KerryS Founding Member

I normally don't predict outcomes, but I think LSU busts this one wide open, 38-10 LSU!!!:tigereye:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Let me preface by saying I realize our offense sucks to this point. That said, AU built those numbers against lesser opponents, and now that they're getting into the meat of the schedule, their numbers are falling fast.
    -

10. arizonafan

arizonafan Veteran Member

Absolutely perfect! Everyone was thinking/hoping he was holding something back. Turns out he wasn't. Fully expect more of the same on Saturday. Lets hope they actually execute this time.