Don't know why or how but this offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Oct 21, 2009.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

At best this game will produce 3rd in the West. Quite possibly 4th place by the winner.

2. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:
    :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    :geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux::geaux:

And which team in Mississippi do you really pull for????:)olefire:)?:hihi:

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

You folks really should be wary of predicting blowouts vs AU. It's often predicted, but almost never happens. I remember in 2006, Blackjack/Andouille made this big thread about how LSU would beat Auburn by at least 3 TDs. And while they very well should/could have, we know how that one turned out. Looking back, that 2006 LSU team was awesome. . .much better than this year's team. And remember what essentially lost us the game (aside from the refs)? Conservative playcalling. The point is, there are always other forces controlling this rivalry, and little should be taken at face value. I think it will be a tough game, but I also feel that LSU will come away victorious. The defense has improved enough so that I feel they can control any offense. I really think this is the year that the spread offenses start getting figured out and slowed down.

4. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

I know they have B Tate but thought their offense was more of a roll the QB out and a lot of plays on the edges and misdirectional.

5. Joe Zorn

Joe Zorn Regsitered Tiger Fan

My gut feeling is that Les is going to pull out all the stops. So I can't even begin to imagine what to expect, other than it should be wide open!

Lets get back to the 2007 season. Lots of excitement by the old gambler!

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

In terms of yardage, it's a balanced offense, but they get more running. They are #2 rushing in the SEC ahead of Bama. I'm mostly concerned with it allowing them to hold the ball for long drives. Out time of possession this year has been horrible and we need to reverse that. That means being able to stop Auburn's rush and too take advantage of their weakness defending the rush (#11).

7. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

exactly. if it comes down to LSU having to score late in the game to win... we just may run out of time. we need to score in the red zone every time. and i'm not just talking about touchdowns, we should probably even kick a field goal on third down so we have another chance to at least get some points if we miss a FG. :hihi:

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

YES

REDZONE REDZONE REDZONE REDZONE IS THE KEY.

If we cant practice getting TD's in the redzone vs Auburn then we will not see any vs Bama...

9. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

I just hope the offensive play calling is not as predictable as it has been or it will be another poor showing, like when RS get in and Auburn loads the box, I would sure like to see them let the boy pass sometimes. Hope they worked on that poor excuse of a option play also. I wish we can see a complete turn around on offense, but I think the defense will score some points themselves and that will be the reason LSU wins if the offense doesn't show improvement. I think the LSU defense has become and will improve to be one of the best in the nation before the end of the year. I sure hope to see some sparks from the offense because they are way to talented to play like they have been.

My prediction will be another close one because it always seems to happen when these teams play each other = LSU 10 - Auburn 9 (this is based on LSU offense playing with no improvements and defense winning the game) if the offense improves it could be a 14+ point margin in the win.