Don't look now but

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Mar 21, 2006.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

your "visitors" for this weekends series at the Box (MSU Bulldogs) are ranked No. 1 in the nation by Baseball America. MSU has a record of 15-0. They play UAB in Starkville tonight so they should be 16-0 when they come to visit.

Collegiate Baseball ranks them No. 3.
    USA ranks them at No. 7.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

We may not have played well last weekend, but I would like to think we will give them their first loss...or two.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I feel like we will take the Sat and Sun games.

4. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Congrats on a nice start. Glad to see olmississippi finally put together a starting lineup that can compete. I am not a big baseball fan b/c of the way Smoke has played in the post but I am willing to bet that LSU wins the series by an average of 6 runs per game.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

wtf ovd have you watched baseball this year? we are going to get killed and will be lucky to not get swept.

6. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Yeah... thats a bit too much. There is no way we win by 6 runs in any of the games. Hopefully we can pull out one win, maybe 2 if we're lucky. I just dont have as much faith in the team right now after our great weekend with UK.

7. col reb

col reb Founding Member

OLMISSISSIPPI?Apparently you haven't kept up with colleges either!!!:lol: :lol: This is Mississippi State not Ole Miss.. Ole Miss and LSU might be more fun to watch though.

8. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Dont count on either school from mississippi to ever get it together :dis:. just kidding col reb... or am I...:lol:

9. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I must admit that I have been a bit overwhelmed w/basketball and the QB controversy so I haven’t been paying much attention to baseball. However I just looked over the stats b/c baseball is a numbers game and this team aint half bad. Sprowl seems to be a solid leadoff guy and Wise and Hollander look like they can hit w/one of them having a 9 game hitting streak going. Stewart can go deep. It looks like the bottom half of the lineup is searching for an identity. I think once Smoke figures that out the runs will start pouring in. I have noticed a few 10 strikeout performances by the pitching staff. I would like to have seen more then one CG but that’s ok.

I would say that this team is in a slump right now going 6-4 in their last 10 but what better way to break out of that then whooping up on Mississippi col reb? I will be following more once basketball is over but thanks for calling it to my attention as I feel I have been a bad baseball fan as of late. It just takes me a while to get over loosing.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I would say that this team is in a slump right now going 6-4 in their last 10 but what better way to break out of that then whooping up on Mississippi col reb?

Hey!!!!!!! Whip all you can. I'm just trying to tell you that it is Mississippi State coming in for a series not Ole Miss.

That is kind of like me calling you guys LSULANE :