Don't try jumping back on board now!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Oct 10, 2010.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I never was off and I never was on. I'm a business process analyst in my day job and I try to evaluate the whole, find the good, and identify ways to improve the bad. I've found that starting over should only be the answer if you can't reach the goal with incremental changes and patience.

This entire team is now CLM's - all the players and coaches were recruited or hired by him. It's a damn good team. He should get high marks for the talent, bringing in the defensive staff ( and that includes being a coach they want to work for), the special teams, AND the offensive talent. He has in some games earned below average marks for offensive performance. He has failed at game management in critical situations. And sometimes microphones hate him.
    BUT

• His teams always fight hard. The players like him and play hard for him. Thats not a small thing, other wise we could easily be 3-2.
    • He recruits very well - and not just the Louisiana players that all want to play for LSU. Look at the defensive players who come from GA, FLA, and others.
    • He runs a clean program - See Pete Carol, how much fun is it going to be to be a USC condom the next few years
    • The offense is not as bad as it's made out to be. The problem has been the QB position the last few years. He has recruited top players but it hasn't always worked out. Not going over that history again.
    • OH yea and he has won championships
    So he's not one of the anointed, but he beat one of them yesterday. The the most high anointed got soundly beaten yesterday. And the anointed of the last decade (Pete) retreated from the field in disgrace. Mack Browns team looks to have taken several steps back. Jim Tressal is the same as he has been for years - would that be good enough for us, i don't think so. The biggest need was the offense finding itself, and that feels like it is starting to happen even against Tennessee.

We shouldn't feel the need to divide into camps like Demicans and Republicrats. Why I'm here, on this Forum, is that more than any other place I've seen the veterans here show respect for each other. They tackle hard sometimes but usually extend a hand to help a downed player. I hope we can continue to respectfully disagree while commenting on our beloved Tigers.

There are flaws, there always will be, but DAMN yesterday was fun, and I have hope for tomorrow. And as Andy tells Red in Shawshank - "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things".

2 people like this.
  2. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Says the author of the buzzsaw thread.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Wow! This is an absolutely fantastic post! We can all agree to agree or disagree about this or that. I for one will try to let the decisions be as they may and give support to the Tigers. At the core I'm pretty sure we all love our Tigers and want whats best for them. We just disagree on how to exactly achieve that. 6-0 is a fantastic feeling! What a win!!

edit: I hadn't read kluke's post when I posted, but it's just as spectacular as CalcoTiger's. Awesome, awesome post.

1 person likes this.
  4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I call it a "dumb call" because its a very low percentage play. When the game is on the line and you have a qb who is passing for 85 percent, you call the timeout (before letting 30 secoonds run off), run your best short yardage play, and get the first.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Great post

Always consider the source(s). Some posters don't post about specific schemes, positional play, x's and o's; rather, post sweeping generalities and love blindly.

We all have our way of allowing our support to manifest itself but anyone questioning loyalty from criticism might be less knowledgeable of those things. It's easy to just look at "W's".

1 person likes this.
  6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I'd imagine the UF or Bama fans are coaching from the imaginary sideline this morning and coaching after the fact from the comfort of their recliner too. It's much easier that way. I'm pretty sure you would coach the perfect game and would have won 77 to nothing. The fact is coaches make the calls, good and bad, and the players make the plays, good and bad, and the the thing comes together as a whole...the WHOLE of the game. You can micromanage all you want during the game and second guess all you want after but the result' good or bad, is what is left after all the pieces are put together. I think last night was a very pretty puzzle... :D

7. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I am usually a pretty positive guy, but even the gaffs of late have been getting to me and making me negative about the direction of our team. As irrational as fans get sometimes, I think its not unheard of for them to change those emotions from week to week. That is why we are called fans, as in fanatical. I don't think its fair to really say someone that is critical of the team is off the bandwagon. I think they are more of the annoying little brother who is asking "are we there yet" for the hundredth time. But then again so are the people that are 100% positive, its like you can't see the elephant in the room.

I was at the Tennessee game, and the negativity was shared by many many fans, including myself. Early last week I really did think we were headed for a stomping in the Swamp. But the more I was removed from the emotions, the more I was hoping for the team to pull together and show me something different, and they sure did. I am proud of them, and I am sorry for being negative, but maybe, just maybe that is what helped them come together. So maybe I shouldn't be sorry for being negative.

2 people like this.
  9. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Which game? UNC (which we won)? Vandy (won)? Miss St (won)? West Va. (won)? Tennessee (won)? Or maybe you're complaining about the "garbage" coaching that lost us the...oh wait. We haven't lost a game.

You, sir, are a selfish little whiney ass crybaby. Take your attitude somewhere else. We have several of your kind here already. In the meantime, most of us will continue to enjoy this ride we are on. If you cannot be happy about 6-0, there is no hope for you. Be GONE!!