Dont' Worry.... Tigers Stand Strong

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kirbysmith4life, Feb 2, 2010.

1. kirbysmith4life

kirbysmith4life Founding Member

I must admit, I was a bit bothered by the way this season played out (and I still feel Crowton is the wrong man for the job...
    I mean.. How many times does the option have to "not work", for the coaches to get the picture!)

But.....
    We must all step back and put this thing in some type of perspective.

Two Years ago Alabama couldn't beat Louisiana Monroe.
    After coming of a National Championship, Florida Finished 9-4.
    The Sky is not falling.

Even with the recent decomitments, we still should put in a top 10 recruiting class.

And their are some amazing athletes, (Reid, Vinson, Simon etc... to name a few) that will have a place to play early and often.

After having one of the Best classes in 2009, expect that talent to show itself in the next year.

Lets not forget, the one thing we can show all potential recruits, which only one other school can compete, is two of those beautiful BCS trophies.

And LSU's recent track record of players that are currently on NFL rosters is seocnd to few.

I know we had a rough year, some horrible coaching, and lost a lot of close games. But the Tigers should not be counted out.

I for one cant wait to see, Loston and Ryan Baker in the Starting Line-up.

And call me crazy, but Murphy was always my favorite RB, I just hope he recovers and can play the season at full strenght.

With a solid year, in 2010, look for LSU to pull in a top 5 class next year and in the hunt for its 3rd BCS title.

Bama is taking some key loses on defense, and Florida has no Tebow.

This is our year to rise again.

JMHO.

:geaux:

1 person likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"My name is Kirby.....and I'm a kool aid-a-holic."

"Welcome Kirby !!!!!....:thumb:"

(Lets get a couple of pitchers of Kool aid and go meet girls at the Tiger hostess rehab clinic :hihi:)

3. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I was thinking pretty much the same thing when I read this. "This dude needs to step away from the purple and gold kool-aid." Then again it is nice to not hear gloom and doom all over the board. Like I've said before get rid of 2 coaches and then I can start getting really optimistic. Kind of hard to do that when we have the same knuckle head that got us the 109th ranked offense last year and the "best O-line that Miles had ever seen".

Welcome to the Den Kirby. Good post we all could us some sunshine pumped every once and a while.

4. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I liked the post. After getting 4 more four star recruits today, and finishing with a class that has the same number of 5 and 4 star recruits as Bama, I think my friend Kirby is having the last laugh.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

It’s not so much sunshine as it is a positive outlook on our team and rational thought.

I haven’t seen too many people on this board deny the fact that Miles and Crowton have issues. The difference is that so called sunshine pumpers understand there will always be more to the story than what us simple fans think we know and that we cannot do anything about coaching changes accept sit back and watch.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Right you are. For now I'm gonna enjoy the recruiting success and get ready for baseball, and worry about the rest in the summer. :LSU231:

7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

This has been misquoted too many times. It should stop

8. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Is it that as a pathologist all you see are dead things all day long that makes almost all of your posts completely negative towards the LSU Tiger football team?

9. LSUpathdoc

I was paraphrasing but please put the correct quote if you have it. I would hate to continue misquoting this. The point still remains we were told we had a stud O-line and frankly it just stings to see how poorly our O-line performed this year.

10. LSUpathdoc

Ah that was cute.................well not so much you see most of my posts are not negative. You can think what you want, but I believe that most of my posts may be some what critical but I refuse to be a blind sunshine pumper. I think it is a forgone conclusion that there was problems on this team last year. I just like a great deal of people are still a little frustrated that we didn't maximize the use of our talent. And frankly my biggest concern was losing out on big recruits because of the use of our talent last year. That didn't seem to happen so get ready, I am excited about next year just based on our recruiting pool! The only critiques that I can think of for how we did is I really would have loved to get Seastruck, Reed, and another big time QB. But I think we did better than most people expected.

I think there is a frank difference between being negative (like you imply I post) and being critical of your team. I feel the latter is constructive. I have never once said any thing like "I'm done with this team" or "we suck". I just cant apologize for being a realist and not a sunshine pumper.