Don't you hate it when...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BigJ4LSU, Oct 26, 2002.

1. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

You finally think an LSU team is finally looking like they make a serious run at a national championship...They come out and stumble. Ughhhh it aggravates me.

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

These are the growing pains Saban was talking about. He is trying to build something good at LSU, and along the way the program will lose games they shouldn't. It is almost impossible for teams to go undefeated, much less finish with just 1 or 3 losses. Balls will bounce the wrong way, FGs will be missed as time expires, and sometimes the team will just flat out not show up.

This loss is disapointing, but not the end of the season. You can only have 1 national champion for 117 teams, I am happy right now that Saban has a respectable team building for the long haul.

Don't give up on this team yet, the season is nowhere near over. But yes, our long shot hopes of a Title this year are gone. We can still win the SEC and any bowl game LSU happens to make.

3. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Trust me I haven't thought about giving up on LSU. I am just pretty mad right now. I know Saban is building something special, but the team was not ready to go and that angers me. I am hoping this team is angry too, and ready to make a run.

4. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

Amen, LSUfan. Let's be LSU supporters, right? You know what we are now? Still a great organization that's at 6-2 with the makings of a great season. Let's don't get down on the team/coach/qb.

Class move on Auburn's part on kneeling it out on the last play.

5. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I know, passion rules in the game of college football. But it is the teams that can work through these losses, like last year, that mark good college teams.

I don't blame anyone for being upset or mad at this loss. They were not prepared and didn't take advantage of anything (while Auburn played well and fought through their own problems).

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Right before the final play I mentioned to a friend that if Tubby had em take a knee, I may be willing to cut him a little slack. Maybe he's learning that you can win with class. Apparently, he left the Riverboat Gambler in the locker room too. There were a couple of prime spots in the 1st half for the old Tuberoo fake. Maybe there's hope for him yet. Good win for Auburn. As for us...you have to take the good with the bad. Suck it up. Lots of football left. Look at the bright side. Open date for both LSU and the Saints next week. Can you say "quality time with the wife???"