Don't you wish that LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

was going to play Virginia Tech next week as originally scheduled instead of the Beavers? A direct comparison of LSU and the Condoms. VT hung in with USC until the bogus offensive pass interference call changed the momentum of the game. Yes Reggie Bush did end up with 3 TD receptions but on the ground VT held him to 27 yards on 9 carries. Could they do that to Justin Vincent? No way! Would Bush have been able to break those big plays against LSU? No way. Maybe he would have gotten one before the Tiger D shut the door.

The fact that Leinert was forced to rely on Bush as his big play receiver prooves that the Toy Boys haven't found a decent replacement for Williams and the other receiver who graduated.

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Well, keep in mind that we both play OSU so maybe that will be some comparison....

3. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I wish we were playing USC. LSU defense would eat ML for supper. No blocking: he would look like JW did in the Sugar.

4. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I'm not sure he would have ended up even that lucky... I just kept thinkin to myself... If LSU's D is ANYTHING CLOSE to what it was last year, USC wouldn't have a chance.... And I can just about guarantee that Bush wouldn't have gotten anywhere near open with Corey Webster or Travis Daniels covering him....

5. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

I dont think it will be a good comparison because it is our first game. Both teams will definitely get better as the season goes on. But I have no doubt that LSU is better than USC.

6. rickyd

rickyd Founding Member

Regardless of how bad we both may beat OSU, the beav's will say that Usuck was better, they have that PUSS10 loyalty, unlike the trojan taste testers over there in awbarn!! :dis:

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Keep guzzling your beer

Anyone who watches football knows that USC isn't what they're cracked up to be with all their Hype ... and we don't need a game against VT to find that out ...

The 2004 season will be a long one ... and we'll see if USC is still standing in the end and worthy of an azz kicking in the Orange Bowl ...

I think Ole' man Jim Donnan said it best about USC on his wrap up...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=2300

I don't think they're quite as good as I first thought :dis:

No shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt Jim!

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Screw Va Tch.....

I want USC, they were overated last year and they are overated this year....
    End of story........

I don't like it because the punks stole some of our glory..
    I don't care what anybody says....

All this co-national championship bull crap sucks from the announcer to that stupid
    sign at the game last nite.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

If LSU played VT this coming week end and won by 100, all you would hear would be how VT played their little hearts out last week against MIGHTY usc and just could not get UP again this quick. If LSU won by 1 or 2, all you would hear would be how VT would have won IF they had not been so MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY exausted after that wonderful effort against usc. FOR SHAME--FOR SHAME--had it not been for that CALL. QUESTION:::::If usc wears the same uniforms they wore last year (not new ones) Are they dressing out in USED RUBBERS????????? :lol: :lol: :hihi:

10. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

it's hard to tell how good usc is since it was the first game, but it is obvious that they are nothing compared to last year.