Dorsey in the middle is a great defesne of Tebow

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerN.L.A., Oct 3, 2007.

1. TigerN.L.A.

TigerN.L.A. Founding Member

Tebow likes to run up the middle. Florida's oline is supposedly above average.
    We'll see.
    I really like our chances with Timmy T.
    I think we can make him pay the piper for every play.

2. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

I like making him pay for yards, but Dorsey wasn't able to stop him last year.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Apply Mr. Dorsey directly to Tebow's forehead. Repeat as necessary.:eek:ldskule:

2 people like this.
  4. msully

msully Founding Member

We will out score him but I am not sure we are going to stop him . He is good . I would like nothing better than a run away score , another VT but I think the Gators are better than VT . Lets just hope the Piper does not get tired !!

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

True - and if by "stop him" we mean cut his yardage down close to zero, we're whistling in the dark. But if by "stop him" we mean make him ineffective and force him to make bad throwing decisions and hit him harder than he has been hit all season, I think we can do that.

Florida will adjust this week. I don't think we can expect the same Tebow Only offense we've seen most of the season. They're going to mix it up more.

Should be fun to watch.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

They had a great deal more than Tebow last year...this year...not so much.:nope: It's not as hard to stop a one dimensional opponent.

7. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Thinking back on last year, LSU knew he was going to run the ball when he came in, yet we didn't stop him.

Now we don't know he is going to be running the ball all the time, so it will be a test on whether we can stop him this time or not. I say we do. I think Pelini will guess when Tebow runs and try to time it with a blitz. Hopefully he isn't too conservative on defense and waits to see what is going to happen in the play. I say attack. But if you attack at the line, you run the risk of Tebow making passes. They have good WR's and Tebow is an accurate passer.

I think UF runs Tebow less than the AU game and gives those duties to the RB. I believe some fake QB keepers and hands it off to create mis-direction and freeze the LB's because you know the LB's will be keeping an eye on Tebow every down. I also expect short passes, which will possibly render the blitzes as ineffective if he gets rid of the ball faster.

At first I was really confident about the game a little more doubt keeps seaping into my mind. Tebow is not just a runner but he is a heck of a passer and makes good decisions. That worries me especially when our LB's will be focused on Tebow so much. I don't think it is going to be as easy as we hope.

I'm nervous already, I have butterflies just thinking about it.

8. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

I'm trying to figure out if the best way to blitz Tebow is with a middle blitz or an outside blitz? Do you try to blitz him up the middle, in his "running zone", or do you sit back in his running zone and let corners or outside linebackers catch him from the outside, with your inside guys there to clean up?

Hard to know. Maybe it's a combination.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

The above statement has bugged me since last night...and I decided to do a little research. My findings are from the UF game last year...and are pasted below...from LSUSports.net.

I don't see where Tebow did all that much rushing against us last year...avg. 3.9 yds/carry on 9 carries. He threw the ridiculous "jump pass", and then later did throw one nice 35 yarder for a touchdown.

Tebow was an unknown last year, and this year...he's the offense. I truly believe it will be a different story this year...although it wasn't Tebow that did us in last year at all...it was us.

Early Doucet muffed a punt, and we had one punt blocked. Jamarcus threw int's, and there was the infamous fumble on the one. That play was the game changer. If I recall correctly, Hester had "scored"...but they ruled him down...although his knees never touched. His elbow did touch down, and technically, he was down at the one. The fumble occured on the next play. There was also a phantom holding call on that drive that penalized us. Those are the things that caused us to lose that game...not TT.:thumb:

Florida

Rushing No Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg
    -------------------------------------------------
    Moore, K. 10 36 0 36 0 15 3.6
    Tebow, T. 9 40 5 35 1 15 3.9
    Fayson, J. 3 11 0 11 0 6 3.7
    Harvin, P. 1 9 0 9 0 9 9.0
    Caldwell, A. 2 11 2 9 0 11 4.5
    Cornelius, J. 1 7 0 7 0 7 7.0
    James, B. 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.0
    Wilbur, E. 1 0 2 -2 0 0 -2.0
    Leak, C. 3 6 9 -3 0 3 -1.0