Dorsey vs Tartt - Punch?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by stk, Oct 7, 2007.

1. stk

stk Founding Member

We all saw how Dorsey leveled Tartt at the end of the game, but i'm reading on Florida forums that it was a cheap shot and a punch to the throat by Dorsey. Obviously not something you could see from the stands, so anyone who was watching on tv or has already reviewed the game via tivo comment on this?

Link below.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=25477

2. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

On tv they replayed it. The camera shot was from behind the OL, sometimes D-linemen use the headslap as a way of stunning the O-lineman. I'm sure big Glenn wouldn't have went for his throat on purpose if he did actually hit his throat.
    I guess FU is gonna have to join the club of opposing teams that say we play dirty.:dis:

3. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

I've had enough of going over to their boards,begining to make me want to go get some whiskey.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I watched on TV... even the replay was hard to see what happened. I think one of the announcers said "that would called in the pros"... but it wasn't that big of a deal... nor did the announcers make it into one.

5. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

It seems like the sort of thing you'd have a hard time doing on purpose. He must have caught him right in the throat. With all the hands and arms flailing every single play, it was just dumb luck that it happened to him right then. I look at it as one of those things that just happens. It's a contact sport played by very strong people.

6. Trolyce

Trolyce Founding Member

That's why girls don't play the game. Both exploding off the ball and it was completely incidental.

If you really want to judge whether a team is playing dirty look at the behavior of the players on the field. If that was really happening you wouldn't see these guys patting each other and such. If there is all this dirty play by LSU that you read on the other boards I'm sure you would see some serious altercations on the field......

7. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

Seriously. They can do that ****ing chomp all night long, but anyone who does it back to them is "classless". Their players never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever commit a late hit/face mask/illegal hold/etc.

My favorite was how they were all bitching after the Auburn loss about how Auburn should have been flagged for taunting b/c they chomped. Funny, you'd think such fair-minded fans (who insist they aren't bitter) would have complained about Tebow not getting flagged for taunting LSU's students. Amazingly, it's not a point of discussion today. Because it's only wrong when the other team does it. :thumb:

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

maybe he was trying to give him a Tartt Attack...

2 people like this.
  9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Somewhere, Deacon Jones is smiling...

10. stk

stk Founding Member

I figured this was sour grapes complaining, but thought i'd at least try and be the slightly objective about it. Sounds about like what i thought.