Double disappointment

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Mar 31, 2006.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Now don't anybody get me wrong here. I'm not predicting nor expecting both teams to come up short this weekend. But what if they do? I don't know about anybody else, but I don't know if I could handle the disappointment of both teams, especially the women, coming so close to an NC on the same weekend and falling short. I certainly wouldn't contemplate suicide or anything like that but I'm tired of having my heart and the hearts of these athletes and coaches broken. The women have left us short two years in a row and this would be the third time in my lifetime the men would have failed.
    I would like to know others thoughts on this!

2. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Too young to have been disappointed here, other than the womens bball the past two years. But, I dont think that any LSU team is ever a 'disappointment'!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Enjoy the ride. When it's over, you're there.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm with SabanFan on this one... hmm.... took me a while to type that... yep.

We just have to give it our all. Making it to the final 4 is an accomplishment itself. Just keep rooting for the tigers. It's been a wonderful year. We can win the NC in both men's and women's, we have the teams to do it. I want Bruin and Dookie blood.

5. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what happens this weekend, I will still be a LSU! fan, I might be dissappointed, but I would never give up onLSU!

6. davidcoon

davidcoon Freshman

:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige
    I BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD

7. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Tiger fans have had to deal with many disappointments over the years. Most fans have always stood with the Tigers through the disappointments and this is what makes us a very special group of fans.

So yes, I can deal with the disappointment if they both lose their next games.

Like many other posters, I am very proud of what both teams have accomplished this year. The past few years has been a magical time to be a Tiger fan. We all should enjoy it and look forward to more success in the near future.
    :geauxtige

8. kcal

kcal Founding Member

Well I can tell you what I think.........no disrespect towards you , but........

WHAT?????????

You're tired of having your heart broken?

The women have left us short?

the third time in your lifetime the men would have failed?

I'm amazed at the pessimism in your post. To say that a Final Four team is a failure? I don't know if you ever participated in athletics but my experience was that I could have cared less about the "fans". I would have given my right arm for my team. From 2 a days, summer camp, spring practice, the long hours spent practicing together, watching film, working out, and somehow keeping up the neccessary gpa, these young men and women have one goal.....not to let each other down. These students have sweated together, lived together, laughed and cried together. (slept together too, but that could be misinterpeted so we'll leave that out) Through the highs and lows, through the fickleness of the fans, through every variable the one constant remains.......the team. I assure you that when these men and women get together 20 years from now they will look back and remember the success they achieved. I assure you they will not consider themselves failures. They will understand the incredible odds they've overcome, and understand just how difficult it was to reach this point. They will certainly fondly remember the Ole War Skule but I believe that they will realize that the team is what is important, the ability to count on one another, not the name on the front of the jersey. That is why they will be successful not only on the basketball court, but in life as well. Let you down? sorry, failures? no way.... left us short? absolutely not........ be proud of the special year this men's and women's team has had. Be encouraged by the character they exhibit..... Be thankful for the ride..............:lsup:

9. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the statistics regarding men's and women's teams that are simultaneously in the final four. UConn is the only school to pull off both wins, but most of the teams before them have had both teams lose in the final four, simultaneously.

my attitude is this: We're in the final four. That in itself is the envy of 60 other teams nationwide, some of which are giants like Duke, UNC, Villanova, and Texas. We've gone farther than we could've possibly expected. I will be upset if we lose, because we are so close to the ultimate goal. But I will remember the perspective. We're in the final four. That's freaking incredible.

10. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Something tells me the NCAA is drooling over an LSU-George Mason matchup.