Doug Thompson's weekend with the pros baseball camp

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Gulf Coast Tige, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

My son attended the Doug Thompson weekend with the pros baseball camp this past weekend and he got to meet former LSU greats Doug Thompson, Brad Cresse, Blair Barbier and Kurt Ainsworth. Brad and Blair worked with the group that my son was in and he had a great time. Joe Lawrence and Brian West from the football team were also there. The kids at this camp had a great time and all of the fine young men represented LSU very well.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Cool, how old his your son?Do thwy do this every year? And where is it held?

3. Gulf Coast Tige

He is 8, yes they do this every year. It is held in Biloxi, Doug Thompson's hometown. This year is was free since a Tiger Alum from Houston paid for every kid to attend.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I used to take my son to the kid's clinic over at the Box that had been going on for years. They'd bring in a bunch of major leaguers and it was fun for the kids and the grown folks. A really well done clinic. Don't know if they still put that deal on but it was really neat to watch the big boys teach kids fundamentals. Baseball folks are good folks. :thumb:

5. Gulf Coast Tige

I may let him go to LSU's camp next year as a Christmas gift. He would have to be a very good boy, though.