Doug Williams is a racist

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

My nephew plays football for the U. of Houston. During their recent search for a new coach, Doug Williams' name surfaced as a possible candidate. One of my nephew's black teammates told him that "he hoped that Williams would not be hired because he is a racist." The player went on to talk about his recruiting visit to Grambling. He said that Williams chided him because he was considiring signing with a "white school". He went on to say that he was completely turned off by Williams' racist attitudes.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

If this statement is true, if he ever wants to coach at a major D-1 school he will need to change that attitude. I think Coach Williams is a very capable coach and one day we will likely see him at the D-1 level.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

That wouldn't surprise me one bit. Williams is one of those people who sees race as THE #1 most important factor of every facet of your life. Kind of turns me off too. My Williams comments are in another thread for ya'll to read.

4. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

This is the 21st freakin century. A team will hire whatever coach they feel is the most qualified. These Johnny Cocharanes and Doug Williams are bigger racists than anyone else, they are basically forcing teams to give "dummy interviews" and stuff with other candidates just because they are black.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Ignore Doug Williams.

He's absolutely mistaken. However, I respect his right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

LSU will hire the best coach available at the time, regardless of race, color, creed or sexual orientation.

If the best coach available is a gay eskimo, then LSU will have a gay eskimo head coach.

Nobody should ever doubt this for even one second.

:cool:

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Ignore Doug Williams.

How about a black gay eskimo with Hispanic roots who has converted to Islam? maybe his name will be Leroy Muhammad Nyuk Nyuk Martinez He could hire Michael (Wacko Jacko) as an assistant

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe some gay Eskimo will hore Johnny Cochran and file a lawsuit claiming that he wasn't recruited becuase of his ethnic origons and sexual preference. Just what we need. Affirmative Action in college football

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Jean, I love LSU and I believe the people in power would try not to be bias. But to be honest I believe there could be some bias attitudes at LSU. If you truly believe what you wrote in that post you must be living in never never land.

I have lived in the south all my life. Some years of it in Baton Rouge. LSU is no worse than anyone else, but hell man just a few years ago there was a woman coach that won a discrimnation suit aganist LSU.

Doug Williams is a punk. He can not and never will be able to handle himself with the class of a Ty Willingham. He would be another Nolan Richards. A thorn in the side for whom ever hired him. But please do not sound like LSU is without its prejudices.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Nanook of San Francisco. :D

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Re: Re: Ignore Doug Williams.

I will never admit or acknowledge that, as an institution, LSU possesses the traits that you describe. LSU is better than that. Any person within that institution that would allow personal bias to get in the way of doing what's best for the institution should leave LSU.

You are entitled to your opinion about LSU. However, if you come on a public forum like this one and opine that LSU possesses character flaws that our students would find offensive, I will call you out and tell you that you are wrong.

LSU is a great place to go to school and play football. Those who would allow personal bias to get in the way of doing the right thing for LSU are not welcome in the LSU community.

We can all agree with that, can't we, Gentlemen?

P.S. You are probably correct in that there are people within the LSU community who WOULD INDEED allow their personal bias to get in the way of doing what's best for LSU. I'm sure that we can all agree that they are not welcome members of the LSU community.