DOW hit 14k Today

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Feb 1, 2013.

1. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Because of the recession and layoffs. Companies are operating more efficiently with fewer employees. Making more profit. There is an oil boom going on right now. Oil companies are enjoying higher profits because of technological breakthroughs like horizontal boring, fracking and shale. Less permits and loss of access to federal lands and offshore drilling has slowed them down some though.
    Currency wars going on internationally. Good prices and fuel prices on rise because of our weakening dollar. Companies are doing ok despite of Obama, not because of him, wait till Barry karey and the rest of his taxes and regulations kicks in. Bubble gonna burst.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

dude you are really just talking out of your ass, either its his fault when its bad and his success when its good, pick one. Most of the trading gains are not in oil.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Many companies, organizations, and individuals have scaled back and tightened the reigns. The only group which ignores this is our federal government who decides to just print more money, borrow more money, and waste more money to serve their own self interests.

My taxes just increased by thousands of dollars. I have absolutely zero confidence any of my earned income will be spent for worthwhile causes. My only satisfaction is listening to those who voted for this administration now cry as they realize their paycheck is smaller than it was one month ago. They want their money back and want the "evil rich" to subsidize them. :D

gyver likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Take a close look at this graph. The productivity of US workers has steadily risen while wages have stagnated. More work for less pay for the US Middle class. Meanwhile corporate profits per employee have soared since 2000. That is where most of the profit went (made upon the better work of the employees) instead of to the employees.

[​IMG]

5. gyver

Where is it good? You getting more or less for your dollar? Groceries cost more. Gas costs more. Insurance cost more. Everything has increased in cost but your getting less for your money. So it only makes sense that stocks would increase on costs, that buck still buys less of them. Look at gold, has gold gone up? Or the dollar gone down? Oils gone up because of a weak dollar.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

oil goes down when the economy is bad, read a couple of books on economics my friend.
    we are friends, so Im not going to insult you.
    everything has increased with the normal rate of inflation.
    food cost more because of extraordinary events, like the drought this summer.
    Gas has gone down, it always goes up in the spring, thats the natural economic cycle.
    gold has fallen some recently. more people willing to test the market, rather than park it in gold, it has hit its bubble.

7. gyver

You wanna make some money? Empty brass dude. Go to local shooting ranges and pick up all you can and resale that shit. .257 weather by magnum brass has almost doubled in last 7-8 months. I'm picking up all my spent cartridges and everything else I find. Break out the reloader and kaching. Screw gold. Ammo is the new gold.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

they are buying it up like that?

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Thats fucked up.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Americans were really overpaid in the sixties. Damned lazy boomers ruined it for the rest of us.