Dreamland Bar-B-Q to open in BR

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

been to Graysons many of times. ole mr Grayson is a family friend of ours.

really good food.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Since Krispy Kreme has been around BR forever, I thought you guys would like to know the reaction to KK opening up stores here in the OKC-Norman area.
    About 3 yrs. ago they opened the first one in the state here in South OKC.
    I'm not kidding about this!
    People began lining up the day before it opened to get donuts. There was a continuous traffic jam and line of cars a mile and half long for 2 weeks, 24 hrs. a day. People sat in their cars for hours waiting to buy donuts.
    About a year later they opened up one in Norman and the result was almost as bad. My wife waited til things calmed down and finally got some and we ate 'em pretty good at first but now we never get them. Too sweet for me. I prefer Wal-Mart donuts when I get any.
    And geauxsooner, if you haven't replaced your flag and emblem, e-mail me your address and I'll get you a replacement. I don't like the idea of some d@#$%^d giving the Tigers a bad name!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is D.J.'s an Exxon station? If so I have been there and didn't even know they sold BBQ beef sandwiches. I loaded up on candy bars and chips.

4. Stadium Rat

Stadium Rat Freshman

Dreamland: 3 in La.

I heard Dreamland is opening 3 Louisiana restaurants. One in BR, one in NO and one somewhere else to be determined.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Leon's BBQ in Shreveport is pretty good. I am excited about a Dreamland's in BR.

6. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Red is spot on about the Pig Stand in Opelousas ... and while you're there ... Ray's for "Billy" or spicy boudin and cracklins.

7. Summertiger

Summertiger Freshman

One question about the Dreamland to open here in BR: It's not going to have BAMA memorabilia all over the place, will it? I would think not, but I wasn't sure since its a Tuscaloosa thing. I've never been, is the one in T-town full of BAMA stuff?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

That's the one. I gas up there, order a BBQ sandwich, and grab a brewski out of one of the big iced bins of singles, right by the checkout. Good boudin, too.

9. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

TJ Ribs are horrible compared to Dreamland. Louisiana does not have good barbeque.

The best? - In Memphis, TN at the Rendezvous. A close second? McClards in Hot Springs, Ark.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Red also nailed it with Grayson's. If you aren't from up there, or haven't worked in the area, odds are you don't know Grayson's. That place is just awesome. I did some contract engineering for Willamette's paper mill in Campti. Grayson's is pretty much the only place you can eat lunch at without going all the way into Natchitoches.