Dreams

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 28, 2015.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Then there is that dream where you are hooking up with a hot lady and you wake up and say, "Who the hell was that?"

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Awakus Interuptus I hate it when that happens. :eek:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I suspect that there are subconscious messages that we are sending to ourselves. It's just difficult to figure it out yourself, much less expect a soothsayer or a scientist to figure it out for you.

I have never had a recurring dream, but I have a recurring dream theme. The cast changes, the location changes, the dialog changes, but the underlying plot is consistent. I am quite sure it indicates some subconscious feeling, but I don't have a clue. And I don't worry about it.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I will, from time to time, have a dream about instructing my students to perform some task, and they actively defy me. It's still terrifying, and I've been teaching for 24 years, generally not have too much trouble any more with getting kids to work for me.

Occasionally, I still have that dream where I've skipped every single class for a college course--and it's final exam day.

Friday night, I dreamed it was the morning I was supposed to be leaving with my younger daughter for fifth grade camp. I needed to be packed and ready at the school at 8 a.m., but it was 8:50, and I didn't even have a thing packed for me or her.

***I'm sure I had that dream because 5th grade camp is coming up November 18-20, and my daughter is hoping I get chosen to go. I hope I do, too, because I went with my older daughter in 2011. But I am NOT outdoorsy, and I did NOT like my three days at camp back then. But I'm more than willing to take one for the team on this.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You ever been having a great dream but you wake up before it's over? There should be a remote control for dreams with a pause button. Go piss and then his resume.

6. red55

Dreams about being late, falling behind or failing to communicate are fairly common. And we dream about what our waking concerns are, I think. I have dreams about being late but I'm ordinarily very punctual.

I think that many anxiety dreams are the very opposites to the folks who have such anxieties in real life. People who dream of being late are rarely late in reality; people who dream of not preparing for tests, always come to tests well studied, etc. So, perhaps these anxiety dreams are doing their job, of creating enough unconscious awareness so that we live our real lives with appreciation of the dream consequences we are already familiar with.

StaceyO likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

You're probably correct. My motto is, "If you're on time, you're late." I rarely skipped classes in college, have good rapport with the students I teach, and will likely have both my daughter and myself packed for 5th grade camp at least a week in advance.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I routinely have dreams about bring late. Usually to formation or to event at USNA. It has been 45 years. Time is my nemesis, always has been, but like Red said, "I am never late" but dream of it all the time.

I would say 80% of my dreams are about USNA or USN. Always unpleasant and stressful. Even those that are not usually have a stressful time component.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Interesting. Mine is "I hate to wait!"

10. red55

"Everything comes too late for those who only wait."