Dreams

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 28, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've always been fascinated by dreams but don't understand them. I think that many times, dreams are simply the brain storing and categorizing memories into the places where they can be retrieved. For example, if I meet someone today that went to Texas Tech, I might have a dream tonight where that person and someone else that I know from Texas Tech are within the same dream. I've noticed that happen at least a couple of times in the past.

When I first meet someone, I rarely have that feeling that I know them from somewhere. However, after a few days have passed, sometimes I'll think "I think that I know that guy I met a few days ago from somewhere, but not sure where." My hypothesis is that this happens because the "dreams" have connected that person to something else in my past (and makes me think maybe I know them from somewhere).

I'm curious if we'll ever be able to "watch" our dreams by connecting a device to ourselves when dreaming (i.e. after waking up, sort of like watching a movie). It seems like this will be a possibility in the near future based on recent articles of the technological advances.

LaSalleAve likes this.