Drew Alleman to LSU

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by clair, Jan 13, 2008.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And how many of those kickers have one of these? :crystal: :hihi:

2. RLEWIS08

RLEWIS08 Freshman

I agree. Cody David will be gone by the time Josh would arrive. At that time jasper and Crutchfield I believe would be the only 2 on scholarship. Josh has a legacy at LSU already and his family hopes he can attend there. I played for LSU in 1984-1987 as a kicker and his 2nd cousin Brian Kinchen and Todd Kinchen played the same time as I did. It would really be nice if that all worked out.
    Thanks for your kind words. I have told Josh that he will have to step and earn it. He is that good but there seems to be a lot of kickers out there right now.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I just rewatched the :crystal: game, and all of our kicks were short - but they were SO short that I am almost CERTAIN the coaching staff wanted hang time over distance because none of our kickers can assure a TB. In other words, rather than a low, straight, low hang time kick to the goal line that risks a long run because the returner has time to see the field and get a head of steam, they'd rather a high, long hang-time kick to the 15 and expect a 5-10 yard return or less. The returner barely has his vision down field before the first Tigers are lunging at his knees.

If you can't insure a TB, I like our strategy - and our kickoff team last season was pretty good at tackling inside the 30 or so.

4. clair

clair Rockets

yeah. they were good against Bama and Louisiana Tech when they let opponents pretty much take 'em to the house.

the kick coverage was pretty ridiculous considering the number of athletes on this team.

Insert: True special teams coach.

Those things will get fixed.

5. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Maybe i missed it. Where does Josh play HS ball at?

6. clair

clair Rockets

don't quote me, but I think dad said at Denham Springs in another thread.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I'd have to go back and review, but I thought - in general - kickoff coverage was always pretty good. Can't refute though since I'm over 40 and have a memory like a gill net...:thumb:

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Josh isn't showing up on any of the recruiting sites.

9. clair

clair Rockets

it ranked in the upper half of the NCAA, barely. So it wasn't terrible.

But with the athletes and speed LSU has, it should consistently be among the best in the NCAA, I'd think.

Not hovering in the 50s and 60s.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If this is the case and he is a legacy, his grades are probably good... as most kickers grades are (make whatever assumption), so he will probably get TOPS, and some kind of preferred walk-on status and the opportunity to earn a schollie... but this year if he lights up the field with his kicking game he may be added... who knows... good luck Josh (and Father)... I'd have loved to be skilled enough to play for the Tigers.