Drew Brees Backup

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 3, 2010.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Nope.

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

I was surprised they didnt give Chase a chance to play this past weekend which I think was a mistake.
    I just tried to put cheap options down but if you really think about it Saints spend majority of their time in the spread as well so these guys could work. Levi Brown actually has had a great college career really want to see him in some senior bowls and combine workouts. People sleep on Armanti Edwards' passing ability and pocket awareness. He really has an arm and with time he can do some special things.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I like how we got Chase Daniel as our #3 as a project... he shares a lot in common with Brees... both led their high schools to Texas State Championships... both played ball for mid-level BCS programs in the Midwest and made them great... both were finalists for the Heisman... both are "short"... however, the big difference is that Brees was a 1st Round pick who immediately became a starting NFL QB while Daniel wasn't drafted and got immediately cut from the first team that signed him as an undrafted free agent.

As for LeFevour (6'3, 238), yeah, he's supposed to be of the Top 5 QBs in the NCAA right now and one of the Top 5 QBs available for the 2010 Draft (projected 3rd/4th Round). He's playing tonight in the GMAC Bowl... I'll be watching to see how good he looks.

[​IMG]

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This came up in another thread, but its appropriate to this one: Does everyone agree that Tim Tebow has no chance of being an NFL quarterback? I ask because I'm thinking if any team has the situation to bring him in as a project, its the Saints. You could draft him in the 4th round or so. The good thing about him is that he doesn't have to take up a roster space as a QB. With his athleticism, size and competitive nature, you can play him at fullback or maybe tight end, while working with him as a QB on the side. If he pans out, he can compete with the 3rd developmental QB down the line, and you get production out of him on the active roster while having him as your emergency QB.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I am not going to say that he has no chance of being an NFL quarterback. I think if anyone can do it with the skill set he has, and what he needs to work on, its Tebow. If Shaun King can be an NFL quarterback and Tim Hasselbeck, then Tebow can.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Will be interesting to see where Tebow goes in the draft, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went 1st or 2nd Round.

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

The best that could happen to a good athlete is to go late 1st round assuring themselves of going to a quality established team.

8. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Levi Brown is play against LeFeavor on ESPN right now

9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Drew was a second round pick that didn't start a game until his second year. Ladanian Tomlinson was the Chargers' 1st round pick that year.

I would instantly suffer from a heat attack if he were even considered on the first day...

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Both Levi Brown and Dan LeFevour are having great games tonight... going to OT right now