Drew Brees career playoff QB rating

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by islstl, Feb 7, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Reggie didn't drop one.

In fact, after Moore's incredible catch, the 2nd most impressive was Brees threading the needle on a short middle dump off pass to Bush that he ran for about 15 yards to midfield. Bush made a really nice grab in heavy traffic.

Colston's catch was sick as well (the one that tirk referred to).

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

brees and manning both made insane dump-off throws that are all timing and happen very fast.

a couple times their bodies were facing the opposite side yet they made perfect throws.

that second consecutive drop by colston wasnt a drop was it? at first it looked like it but then replay showed it was deflected.

although it seemed he made no effort to go after the ball which really bothered me.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i'm pretty sure that Brees was looking for an open receiver and the slung one out to his checkdown which was Bush and he dropped it. 3rd quarter with 4:49 left, Brees had completed a pass to Bush the play before, then Reggie dropped one on the next play.

Saints vs. Colts - Play by Play - February 7, 2010 - NFL - Football - SI.com

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/83782442_Super_Bowl_recap.html

Key stat: Brees is 9-for-10 for 80 yards and one touchdown in the period, with the lone incompletion coming when Bush drops a swing pass.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we would need video or it didnt happen. of course i coulda been outside since i couldnt sit still throughout. although i wasnt completely nauseas like i was during the entire minnesota game.

5. islstl

nfl.com, which obviously has the OFFICIAL play by play info, lists the 2nd Saints series as follows:

# 1-10-NO 26 (7:22) 9-D.Brees pass incomplete short middle to 23-P.Thomas (58-G.Brackett).
    # 2-10-NO 26 (7:17) 64-Z.Strief reported in as eligible. 9-D.Brees pass short left to 12-M.Colston to NO 31 for 5 yards (27-J.Lacey).
    # 3-5-NO 31 (6:36) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass short middle to 25-R.Bush to NO 47 for 16 yards (41-A.Bethea).
    # 1-10-NO 47 (5:54) 25-R.Bush right end pushed ob at 50 for 3 yards (27-J.Lacey).
    # 2-7- (5:35) 64-Z.Strief reported in as eligible. 9-D.Brees pass incomplete short left to 12-M.Colston.
    # 3-7- (5:28) (Shotgun) 9-D.Brees pass incomplete short middle to 12-M.Colston (33-M.Bullitt).
    # 4-7- (5:22) (Punt formation) 6-T.Morstead punts 46 yards to IND 4, Center-57-J.Kyle, downed by NO-15-C.Roby.

That is the only pass I cannot remember. It came just before the Colston drop.

You are correct, the pass out in the flat short left was actually to Bush, not a WR. It was Brees only incompletion of the 3rd quarter.

Brees came really really close to completing 26 passes in a row.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

hell it was hard enough finding that info. the replay is on NFL network i think either tonight or tomorrow night.

7. islstl

tomorrow

8. islstl

I was at a local restaurant here that caters to Saints fans in Ft. Lauderdale, and there appeared to be about 500 people. They had a projector set up with a big screen for viewing outside in the parking lot. I stood the entire time and I have never paced so much my entire life. By the 3rd quarter I was pacing in between every single play.

After the game was over, they must have played Get Crunk Hafltime song for nearly 30 minutes straight. I danced with an older lady I had never met before.

1 person likes this.
  9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think RB was the intended receiver on the 7th inc that Izzy is pointing out. Not a drop, more of a throwaway to avoid a coverage sack if I remember right.

10. islstl

yes that is correct, Bush is the player involved in #7.

It wasn't a throwaway because Bush had 1 on 1 coverage, and he had a small chance of breaking the tackle and gaining sizeable yardage on that play. It just went through his hands. The pass was slightly high but very catchable. I think it caught Reggie off guard because Brees was looking middle to right side of the field that entire play.