Drew Brees

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Bengal B, Oct 12, 2018.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Bridgewater. Cardinals picked Rosen from UCLA this year, so they wouldn't be interested. Don't think I've ever seen a 3-team trade in the NFL, but that would be our only shot at PP. And Teddy alone wouldn't be enough; we'd have to package him with probably two other players.

Oh, and Ted Ginn went on IR today. Meredith and especially Smith need to keep stepping up.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Would yall rather keep taysom or teddy.

Hypothetical.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

For this season, Taysom. I love his versatility and gritty knack for making the right play.

For the ling term Teddy but will he resign with the Saints and how long is Brees going to play? Pretty sure DB will play at least 2 more years but if he is still playing like Drew Brees I don't think he will want to retire. That's why I brought up Teddy as a trade option. Nobody knows how Rosen will turn out so a deal might make sense for the Cardinals.

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think I heard that Brees will consider retirement if they win the SB this year

5. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Where?

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think the only way Brees retires after this season is if they both win the Super Bowl and he gets MVP. Right now I'd say the defense is too sketchy for the first and the media is too in love with Mahomes for the second.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Mahomes alreard has 6 conservative 300 yard passing games. I watched him torch the Bengals D last night. He is already better than 2nd year guys Wentz and Goff and clearly better than Mayfield and Darnold.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I am in love with Mahomes, lol. He is my Fantasy QB, along with Gurley and Theilin I am headed to the playoffs with those 3.

I didn't think about that, Brees always seems to get screwed out for MVP. I hope, HOPE, that the powers that be understand this and if his season continues like it is, wins the MVP. Mahomes will get it next year or some other year.

Brees is having a crazy year, 77% completion rate atm and 13 TD and 0 INT. I don't see how you penalize Brees for having a great run game. He is averaging 312 yards a game and Mahomes is averaging 318 yards a game. The total yards would be about the same after Mahomes has his bye. Mahomes will come back down at some point, or he will change forever what a good QB should be.... just like Brees is doing

I will say this, when I heard Sean Payton was looking into trading up and some how getting Mahomes I thought man that kid has to be either great or Andy Reid and Sean Payton are going crazy. I went with these two being right. I am really hoping we can beat the Rams and either play KC or Houston in the Super Bowl. But for now, on to revenge from last year

ParadiseiNC and Bengal B like this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Former LSU star cornerback Patrick Peterson has reportedly asked the Arizona Cardinals to trade him before the October 30 trade deadline, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

fanatic likes this.
  10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member