Drew

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Dec 9, 2012.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

looking really bad recently, something to be worried about or just the long bounty gate off season and regular season drama just catching up to him and this offense?

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The defense couldn't stop a wild pack of girl scouts. Eventually an offense has to get frustrated if their counter parts can't get stops.

3. LaSalleAve

The D hasn't been terrible over the last 4 weeks, they were bad today, but they were put in terrible situations by turnovers and the special teams giving David Wilson and that other dude something like 400 return yards. Drew has just looked like complete shit lately. 11 interceptions in the last 4 games, has the most in the league.

4. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

The Saints really look like a bad football team right now. Breakdowns in every phase of the game. Very frustrating to watch.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Brees was not that bad today. One of the two interceptions was his fault, but he was generally on target all day. Blame turnovers and special teams that gave up a score and 7 NYG possessions that started in Saints territory for today's defeat.

I would agree with nvatiger.....bad football team right now.

b_leblanc likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

I don't know, he looked pretty bad today. Consistently threw balls short, luckily New York was kind of surprised on the first one to Morgan, then he would deliver balls that would bounce to his receiver, make dumb throws like the one to Graham over the middle that was picked off, and a few others that were almost picked off. He just isn't himself. And I can't figure out if it's just him trying to do everything, or if it's a combination of no Payton and the previously mentioned along with the bounty scandal and a long season taking it's toll.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

It was raining and in the 40's all game. I'm sure that had an effect on his handling of the ball.

8. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i've noticed in the last several years that the saints just don't normally play well in the rain. this includes drew. don't know if it may be because he may not have the size hands a 6'4" qb would have, or what. anyway, this season is toast. i hope we can hurry and resign payton and get back on track for next year.

9. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

Yep, and as such, Drew needs to ride the pine for the next three weeks so we don't risk the chance of his suffering some career-ending injury in a meaningless game. It's also time to see if Chase is a true backup QB or if the team needs to shop elsewhere.

10. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

When you go into every game knowing you have to score 50 points to win, you tend to press the issue in tight spots when you normally wouldn't.