Drop the BCS, Lets talk about Capital One...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Dec 6, 2004.

1. nchawk

nchawk Founding Member

Just goes to show you that the sun don't shine on the same dog's ass every day.:thumb:

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I think this game comes down to QB play. If Marcus Randall shows up and plays well - we can win pretty convincingly. If Marcus has one of his melt downs or throws some interceptions we could be in trouble. Perhaps this time before the bowl will be enough for the coaches to get Jamarcus's mentality where it needs to be - we all know it isn't a lack of physical ability. I have confidence that this will be a tremendous growth period between now and the bowl game where Jamarcus has time to sit back, analyze what he's doing wrong and step his game up. I expect Marcus to start (for obvious reasons) but don't see Jamarcus playing unless we start winning by a lot because they don't want to risk pulling Marcus and Jamarcus not being able to compete when he gets in there. A big bowl game in Orlando against a very good Hawkeyes team with a pretty good defense worries me if neither QB performs well.
    It's hard to worry to much about our running game. It's always possible that they won't perform as well as they could, but with as talented of a back field as we have (let's not forget Justin Vincet, just wait he'll be back) - they will be forced to respect the run regardless.

How has the Hawkeye's current head coach performed in bowls in his career? From what i've read, Saban has tremendous respect for him and he is a great coach. It should be a very good strategic game with two of the greats battling it out.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I just have to clear one thing up. LSU didn't get screwed last year. We have our trophy. It was USC claiming that they got screwed with the "BCS mess".

4. HawksR1

HawksR1 Freshman

ferentz in bowls

is 2-1. beat UF last year. lost 2003 orange to usc. beat Texas Tech in 2001 Alamo. His teams have traditionally improved each year down the stretch as yours have also.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

We wont be turning the ball over. the reason we had turnovers this year was mainly because of the QB throwin INT's. if Saban starts the correct QB and keeps him in, and I believe he will, you will get ZERO points on turnovers.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you cannot predict turnovers in any game, much less college football. If a coach had that secret formula it would be a first, on any level.

7. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

i say we break out the gold jerseys and white helmets!! Geaux Tigers

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I'm looking deep into the future for this one. picked up a copy of the advocate yesterday dated Jan. 2nd, 2005 :shock: said Tigers win big, zero turnovers. :thumb:

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

let's hops its right. if we don't we should win.

10. PortlandHawk

PortlandHawk Freshman

Admittedly I haven't watched many LSU games this year, I'm just looking at stats. So that can be misleading. But you only had 9 INTs, and 6 of those were in 2 games (FLA and Troy). However, 15 fumbles lost is a lot. I don't know if it was your QB getting hit or RBs losing it or what. Iowa's defense is very opportunistic. On our last 5 games, we have 12 picks and 8 fumble recoveries. I'm just saying based on the number of TOs you guys have had this season, and based on our defense being like it is, I think we'll get a couple. If we do, will it be enough to give us a win? I don't know, but it definitely won't hurt.